DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little off topic, not an intrepid but a similar drivetrain.....

Last night its 11 degrees out and it took driving nearly 10 miles before the car would go over 30 mph. Tring to go faster just resulted in the motor reving. After the first 10 miles it was fine. Trans fluid is about two years old, never had the issue before. Its a 05 Stratus with a 2.7L, 128k.Fluids aere full. So whats the issue? Cooling system need to be bled, contaminated trans fluid?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really, nobody has had this issue with any car?

·
Registered
715 Posts
i know that the 42le will not shift to OD until the fluid is at a suitable temp to avoid damage. the only thing i can think of, though im not a transmission expert by any means, is that the fluid was too cold and the pump couldn't make enough pressure. if the fluid is 2 years old, i think your best bet is to go ahead and change the filter and fluid and see what happens.

then again, 10 miles at 30mph is 20 min, it should have been warm enough for full operation in, at most, half that time. who knows.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It hase'nt happened again but a fluid change is going to happen. Someone on the "Moparts" board suggested a trans temp sensor could be fried which is preventing the upshift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts