DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys ever used one of these before? Would this be something worth getting given that I spend at least 3 hours a day sitting in bumper to bumper traffic?

Thanks in advance for any input. :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Good idea but I don't think that either section of that cooler assembly is large enough to do the job. If you have a J.C. Whitney catalog handy you can see all kinds of oil and tranny coolers listed. I would go for the largest tranny cooler I could fit and not worry so much about the engine oil temp. I have tranny coolers on my 92 Caravan and 95 LHS and just use the big Ford filter (FL-1A) on the engines to add an extra 1/2 qt. of oil and provide extra square inches of cooling area. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I was actually considering one of these before I stumbled on the combo cooler. I think I'll get it.

Would the 19000GVW cooler be an overkill? I'd still like to get an oil cooler of some kind as well given how much time I sit in traffic. Would the B&M Oil Cooler be a good choice?

·
Registered
576 Posts
keep in mind that too cool of oil lubricates poorly. you want to maintain a certain temp. engines run at a certain temp for a reason. Its just when you are running high RPMS continously that you build too much heat, like in track racing, that the stock setup cannot dissipate enough heat and the oil temp goes up and you get problems with oil burn off and the like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts