DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i have a 1989 honda prelude and sat. the diff. gears shot out of the back of the tranny. but that's another story . . .

i'm looking at a 1994 vision Esi. it has new brakes, AC blows real cold, new belts, new o2 sensors, oil and tranny fluid was just changed. the car is real clean. kinnda looks like a 4th gen prelude w/ the lights and the lines on the hood.

anyway, what are the common problems/quirks with this car? i wanna know what i'm getting into be-4 i buy it. he's asking $1695 and it's got 131K miles on it. about how long do these cars last?

thanks guys!
---rich

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i got the car last night. it's quite nice. ppl have been telling me to look out for electrical and tranny probs. i read about that "limp mode" for the tranny in that link you gave me.
what can i do to avoid that happening?

·
9,861 Posts
Change out the trans fluid. Only use MOPAR ATF +3/4. I recomend +4. Get it at your local dealership's parts desk.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ the tranny fluid was just changed about a month ago. and the oil was changed about 1 week ago. i should be alright for a while longer eh?

i wonder how often the tranny fluid should be changed? i'm gonna check the book . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts