DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since it seems that finding an overhead console is like finding a needle in a haystack around Long Island... I just picked up a Gentx/Mitocorp autodimming rearview mirror with built in compass and outside temperature readout.

Here's a picture off of their website since I don't feel like breaking out the digital camera. I got the mirror off of Ebay for $50.00 and it just arrived today.

If any of you remember, this is the same mirror I got for my girlfriend's Grand Am GT. It's the exact same one I installed in her car, except, I bought hers new and it cost $250.00 back in August. I know better this time! :)

I'll take more pics when I get it installed.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Hey when do you plan on putting this in? This weekend? If so... ill come out and watch/help ya out. I probably wouldnt be too much help... but I am curious to see how this gets done. I can at least lend a little morale support. Hehehehehe

I need to head back out there to have my alarm finished and hopefully some yellow LEDs put on.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just noticed that since I bought this thing used, I have to order the temperature probe (the thingee that goes under your front bumper to register the outside temperature). Apparently, this guy took the mirror out of a car, but neglected to grab the sensor for the temp. Oh well...shouldn't be too expensive... ;)

I'm busy on Saturday, but if you wanna come out Sunday, I'm think I'm clear. (I think Tones isn't open on Sunday though???)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after finding out that the mirror I got only has the compass feature and not the temperature feature also (hence, that's why I didn't get the sensor...duh! :p ) I went and installed it.

It was amazingly easy, I already had a power and a ground running up my windshield header for my radar detector, so I tapped into those wires. After calibrating the compass, it's all done! I have to say, for 5 minutes worth of work, I love it! Now I know why you guys with the console love the compass feature, it is handy! (especially with all these crazy roads on Long Island!)

Keep an eye out on Ebay for these mirrors and/or the consoles, you'd be surprised at all the junk you can get for these cars. (and not all the stuff you get has to be specifically for the Intrepid either, so search for Concorde, LHS and 300M also!)

Cheers! ;)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yeah Tones is closed on Sundays. Maybe the week after. We'll see. If I ever get my hands on a console, ill have to ask you to help me install it since it seems that you know what you are doing. Hehehehhe.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me , all I would be doing is printing the instructions off the site and doing it. But, I'll help you no problem.

Sorry I can't hang out on Saturday, I alerady have plans for this week...but we should defintely try for next week. We can raid Best Buy again! hehehehehe. Dammit I am going to find $9.99 RAM again!!! :) :)

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Intrepidatious

Can post the link to the web site where you took that picture from.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Hahahah yah. Next weekend could work if its during the day. I have to DJ that Saturday night. This weekend im off both Friday and Saturday. I am going to get in some serious partying. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I will be visiting L.I. on Saturday (north shore, Nassau cty) to see my wife’s family. No time to party, having your kids with you makes it a little difficult to party.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yeah i hear about not partying. You will be right in-between Intrepidatious (Smithtown, LI) and myself (Bayside, Queens).

Well next time you are out, give us a holla and we can set something up.

I gotta see that Red R/T up close. Ive only seen one on the road and it was passing by me (rather quickly at that too). Hehehehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts