DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea where I could get some new hinges for my Compaq Presario 1800T laptop?

I've looked everywhere and cannot find any.

Compaq only sells them with the screen (like I'm gonna buy a new screen for 2 hinges!!)

Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
It would really help if you had the actual spare part number.... but you can try 800 848 4589... thats the number to compaq spare parts.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can't give me a spare part #, beacuse there is none for just the hinges, only for a whole new screen.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Try taking it to a repair shop.... they may be able to fix it for less than the price for a new screen. Places like that may have parts lying around from other dead laptops.... kinda like a junkyard for cars. Other than that I don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe that's what I'll have to do :( I just hate to pay for something I can do myself if I could just get the damn parts!!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is confirmed. I can only get new hinges if i buy a new display unit for $1300!!! I can get a new laptop for that much!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I can buy a new laptop, and take this old one and mount it in my trunk with a wireless NIC so I can load MP3's onto the hard drive. Then I can try and hook it up to the car stereo, and figure out a way to control it?? Hmmm...that might be an idea :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts