·
Registered
3,427 Posts
sweeet.... can you make one for me now?
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
looking pretty nice, I want to make one this winter. My only thing is that I do not want to use that Nirtele rubber, costs too much for me.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The total bill for the three rubber pieces with with shipping was only $50.00. Making the intake is very easy, just follow the how-to directions. I put two coats of primer and about three of color so that you can't even tell the pipe started as PVC. I showed it to one of the guys at work who has a riced-out accord and he felt he got ripped off spending over $200 for his intake since my workmanship looked better.

I'll have installed pictures and road test opinion in the AM, tonight I was just happy to finish the install.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i've been told using plastic pipe for the intake tube can be a bad thing. hope it works for you though.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Joekd - good job! I have the honor of having the 3rd real live Lister ever made, and the 1st with the updated tubing. You will notice a dramatic sound change at WOT. At idle and "normal" driving it sounds 100% stock, but put your boot in it and it sounds like an old 4 barrel carb until you get to about 3500 to 4000 rpm, THEN it sounds like it is sucking the filter through the tubing, you can really hear the air moving! So if you hear the sound change, it is only the manifold plumbing changing from the long to short runners, or is it short to long?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks Great!!! Nice !!
glad you got it on and together!

·
Registered
336 Posts
97 Sport, there is an aluminum tube for the actual intake. The plastic just acts as an insulator to keep heat away from the metal tubing, it just slides over top of the aluminum and has no kind of stress on it what so ever.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
makes sense...thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hey joekd - just wandering where you got the rubber pieces for the intake? I went to the website that was recomended on the building instructions, and they wanted some big $$$$ for them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks nice.... You should start making them for everyone else, could be profitable.

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: BradC ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts