DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe you guys can help me. I have a Game i want to play (desperate housewives) and when i try to install it everything passes but one thing. My video acceleration. It says "ACCEL" is needed and i have "T+L" I have a INVIDIA Geforce4 MX440. and DirectX 9.0C According to the box minimum is a Geforce3. Ive used this computer to play star wars galaxies and it played perfect so im confused. What do i need to do to fix this issue. ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
It's more than likely referring to 3D Acceleration.

That's a component of the graphics card in that case. Meaning you have it or you don't. You have a Geforce 4, but the higher-end of that series was the Ti, which was made for more of a gaming base. Some games will utilize certain features of cards, some will not - explaining why Star Wars would have worked in this situation.

The end-all in that situation is you more than likely won't be able to run it without getting a new AGP (in this case) card.

You can download the latest 4-series drivers directly from nVidia and see if it helps, though: ForceWare Windows XP/2000 32-bit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts