DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried looking for the quote on here were someone told me that Chrysler was really anal about their electronics from 98-04 and threatened litigation if tampered with, but i couldn't find it. My cousin is really big into Neons (I tried to stop him) and there is a plethora of electronics available for it - almost any flavor you'd like. If there are so many tuners doing electronic conversions/modifications for those years of cars, then how come they aren't being shut down?

With all the technology and tuneability available aftermarket, how come no one has done any modifications to the LH yet? You couldn't hack your way in and change a few things?
I'm not an electronics person, so I am hoping someone can give a little insight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LH uses a PCI BUS system and I think the Neon uses a CAN BUS system.

My plan is to find a LX in the yard and strip out the electrical system and toss it into the trep. But that would be very costly and will take a while to do.
What does the Sebring/Stratus use? I have an 01 Sebring with a 2.7 and and the computers and the plugs look different than the intrepids. Maybe it's a long shot.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
There are several manufacturers of stand alone engine management systems and piggy back systems, they don't specifically state they are made for Chrysler products but if you read the ad closely you will see they are compatible based on the parameters they fit and control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts