DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums and found nothing....so:
Does anyone know of Chicagoland performance shops that will do work similar to the Kenne Bell Optimizer II? I want this mod, but I don't want to pull the PCM out of the car and mail it across the country. Also, the added cost of shipping and a rental car don't excite me either.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Very interesting stuff, but some of that gear is more expensive than Kenne Bell, and I don't have the know-how to use it properly.

·
Registered
728 Posts
JVH1982 said:
Thanks. Very interesting stuff, but some of that gear is more expensive than Kenne Bell, and I don't have the know-how to use it properly.

At present only GM Credits are available. In future, Ford and Dodge credits will be available. Credits cannot be shared between application types. ie. GM credits could not be used to license Ford vehicles and vice versa.

Once they get the chrysler license, Ill do cals for whoever :D If they ever do. Chrysler is way more anal about their code then gm and prolly ford and they are quick to send warnings from their lawyers. Thats why there is so much more support for gm. I wonder what Belle uses to reprogram our cals?

·
Registered
372 Posts
They might send lawyers, but it's not illegal. It's not illegal to run your own code, it's not illegal to patch stock code, and it's not illegal to reverse engineer stock code. It is, however, illegal to distribute their code without a PCM of theirs (like as a binary image over the internet).

Remember, just because someone threatens to sue, doesn't mean something is illegal.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Reverse_Engineering/Legal_Aspects

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've heard reports on the 300M forum that KB no longer does the tuning for our cars, at least not on the 3.5 HO. The only place I'm aware of now that does this is B & W in Detroit. The price to have it done there for my LHS is $430.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Great White said:
How about picking up a second ecm and sending that away for programming?

Cheers

BJ
The VIN won't match the BCM... and possible SKIM key issues.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aw, way to dash my hopes to pieces, CDN. LOL I'm having second thoughts about the whole thing anyway... I'm up to 85,000 miles. More power means more likely that I'll break something. As for support for our cars, I just called Kenne Bell earlier this week and confirmed that they still tune our PCMs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts