DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys , I'm presently doing some researches about Turbos for our cars. The answers I got where not as clear and car specific as i wanted. I can't wait to be able to install a turbo on my trep but I have some fears and no one can let me know where I'm heading.

What is better for our engine (3.2L in my case) Twin or Single Turbo? Some people saying Single others Twin. Also , what size ? T3 or T4 ? Second, I wanted to know if by installing a Turbo, would our Transmission be able to hold or would I need to replace by a Performance Transmission (re-enforced)?

I read that under 7 PSI, the Original transmission would hold including the internals ? I know it may seem like a lot of questions but before going into a project like this one, I'm trying to avoiding as little headache as I Can.

Thanks a lot for your time and help ,

Rob

·
Registered
235 Posts
well as far as i know there isnt a straight answer. i havnt found one anyway. the motor should handle it well be sure and get a bov for that (just a little precaution)
good luck

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Motor- for a while
Tranny - No. The only member to do it to a second gen blew his tranny after a while, and his set-up was VERY well done.
Single turbo is fine, 6-8 lbs. of boost.
You'll need some kind of fuel management system, as well as a bigger fuel pump and fuel injectors. You'll also have to have a set of headers custom made, as nobody makes them for our cars.

Also, see this thread.

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44795

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sctrep , thanks for the prompt answer as well for your advice. I saw that you have a supercharger installed , it's awsome. Did you have a lot of problems fitting it ? Is it for your specific engine or it can be fit on 2gens ?

Thanks again ,
Rob

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
argentaz said:
Hi sctrep , thanks for the prompt answer as well for your advice. I saw that you have a supercharger installed , it's awsome. Did you have a lot of problems fitting it ? Is it for your specific engine or it can be fit on 2gens ?

Thanks again ,
Rob
dude anything can be done, it's all a matter of how much money you have and how bad you want it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
its not complete yet. and no i had to fab everything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loud98ES , thanks for your answer. It was very clear and precise ... basically everything under the hood must be touched and custom made.

I feel like my pocket is going to be custom empty also ... lol :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I agree with Ibeata...anything is possible, its just a matter of how much money you want to sink into your project.

Perhapps a tranny rebuild with some stronger grade materials? I've been through 3 allready, and thats N/A! :p

I'd like to boost my Trep, but I think I'm going to save my money and build up one helluva Challenger :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Perhapps a tranny rebuild with some stronger grade materials
and i agree with 02R/T, that would be the best mod there ever was.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
LH_Chris said:
And how much you want to pay me to do it :thumbs-up
lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
any one hear of a turbo setup done in a vette just behind and above the rear axle?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
remote turbo, it was discussed on this site, do a search, you should be able to find it

·
Registered
734 Posts
wb6vpm said:
remote turbo, it was discussed on this site, do a search, you should be able to find it
nah, that's ok

1 - 16 of 16 Posts