DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Concord Winter TR / Kelly Tires good?

Anyone ever hear of these snow tires?

I did a little research and found that they were made by Kelly Tires.

Are Kelly tires good?

These winter tires would replace my Goodyear Eagle GA's, wouldn't I get a better grip and what not with these Kelly tires?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm not a big city tire expert, but I'm almost positive winter tires will always give you more control in the winter than all-season tires. The way all-season tires are designed is to be a well-rounded tire, that has characteristics that are useful in all seasons, hence the name. These tires won't necessarily be as good as strictly Summer Performance Tires in the summer, but they will be better than using the Summer tires in the winter, for example. Anyways, if you are worried about snow, get the tires, but I haven't really had any trouble with the stock tires in the snow, except when I happen to accidentally go into a vacant parking lot and accidentally skid around a little and accidentally have fun lol.

Josiah

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought a set of Kelly' all-seasons for my 94 Sport a year ago and have no problems. Excellent in the snow(usually get alot here!) for an all-season. Wears well also, should get about 50K. Good bang for the buck!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Kelly makes good tires. They're not really a name brand but not total crap either. They may even have road hazard warranty. Almost any winter tire, no matter how cheap would be better than eagle GAs in the snow. Thats a no brainer. Like JL said above, all seasons combine the best of all worlds. A high po summer tire does well in dry or wet conditions but its insane to use them during the winter. Snow tires have an aggressive tread with tons of sipes that "chew and spit" the snow/water/ice. Happy shopping.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Don't know about Kelly. I run michellin for summer and Dunlop Winter Sport MS tires for the winter and they are worth every penny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts