DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 99 Intrepid and the headlights are really cloudy. Assuming my mom can't find some better ones, would Concorde/LHS lights work if the hood (which is dented, anyway) got replaced as well? I noticed the bottom of the light is the same, but the top is different, along with the hood being cut out for them.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Not sure about fitting the fascia of the Intrepid, but the earlier 2nd gen. Concorde headlights are taller than the LHS and later Concorde headlights. IOW, earlier Cocorde headlights could not be installed in LHS and later Concorde unless you replaced the fascia because the fascia interfered with the bottoms of the headlight, but you could install LHS and later Concorde headlights in the earlier Concorde, but there would be a gap (I'm guessing a good inch) between the bottom of the headlight and fascia. Some people did that to get the LHS projector headlights. Tops of headlights and hood were the same in all cases.

Just not sure about the fit of the bottom and ends of the LHS and later Concorde headlight to the Intrepid fascia, and if the contour of the LHS and Concorde hood is the same as the tops of the Intrepid fenders. I'd be a little surprised if there would be a blended outline for the headlight shape between the LHS/Concorde hood and Intrepid fascia, but I could be surprised. What about the line (fore-aft and height-wise) across front center where the hood meets the fascia? I don't know if anyone ever tried this.

LHS/later Concorde projector headlights installed in earlier Concorde - gap between bottom of headlight and fascia (from http://www.lhforums.net/forums/showthread.php?8542-Concorde-Headlight-VS-LHS-Headlight):

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I've got two spare sets of intrepid headlights. This is a set that was yellowed and I hit them with a polisher and they cleaned right up (the pic shows one that's been polished and one that hadn't been polished yet). They both look the same now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend got them looking rather nice, so no need to replace them for functionality. I might, when I get a job, do it later for a different look with LHS projectors/hood/fascia.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a 99 Intrepid and the headlights are really cloudy. Assuming my mom can't find some better ones, would Concorde/LHS lights work if the hood (which is dented, anyway) got replaced as well? I noticed the bottom of the light is the same, but the top is different, along with the hood being cut out for them.
I liked the projector headlights on the LHS so I installed them in my trep...along with a few other parts!

Photos here; http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=1255857

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Your car looks great with the LHS front end conversion....however I think the OP is looking for a super cheap solution. As in cleaning the existing headlights or replacing them with relatively cheap aftermarket items.

I could be wrong though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was looking for something cheap in the event they (especially the driver side) were too bad to clean. They look good now, but might want to keep some of this mind if I want to change the appearance in the future, or in case someone else has the same issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts