DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Chrysler Concorde 3.2. The back of the pipe on the muffler rusted and it came loose. Some questions:

1) The end of the muffler near rear bumper is secured by a "hook" welded to the muffler and inserts into a rubber gasket above it. I purchased a new Magnaflow muffler today at AutoZone but it does not have the hook on it. I looked on AutoZone and Advance websites and none of the mufflers have a hook attached as shown in the pics, but I did see them for sale on ebay, but I don't want to order because I need a muffler now. Can the hooks be removed and re-welded to new muffler?

2) Where the muffler was attached on other side (where it came loose due to rust) some of the pipe is still attached to the pipe connected to the resonator, and the new muffler won't fit because of it, but will fit if 1 inch of the end is removed. The only way I can remove it is with a sawzall, is it dangerous to do that since gas tank is close to it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts