DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased car and temp gage would hit max........changed temp sensor and th8ng that come with it and it worked perfect for months..not gage is going back to max and says i need fluid......blead the fluid and purchased 2 gallons......gage went to the max again this morning.....when it says its overheating the car actually does not overheat...fans are working properly......if i turn of car for 30 seconds and then the gage will go back to the middle....but the gage just keeps bouncing...my heat works fine....

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Bad connection at the back of the cluster?
Bad Cluster?

What year Concorde?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
What color is the face on the cluster? Is yours a Limited?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
It might be worth a try to remove the cluster and reseat it. There are two electrical connectors on either side behind it.

The White face gauges are Electro luminescent and have a transformer inside the cluster that applies like 120 volts to the white face gauges to make them glow green like he old Timex Indiglo watches. Same lighting. There aren't any bulbs that provide the back lighting.

There are two options for replacement.

1) Find the same type of cluster from a Concorde or LHS and replace the whole thing. Those will not have autostick.
2) Buy a standard 300m cluster that has autostick and remove the gauge front and stick it on your gauge cluster back that has the electronics.
3) Buy the Black face gauges from a standard Concorde or LHS that use regular bulbs for back lighting and replace the whole cluster. They interchange with no modifications.

All the options above are 120 mph clusters without auto stick.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
you can search www.car-part.com to look for an exact replacement. Just plug in year/model and part type and search.

I don't have any complete replacements. I do have some standard 300m clusters to take the front gauge face section off and I also have one of the Black Face clusters complete that is a direct swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts