DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a misty condensation residue inside the headlight housings on my '98 ES. It's not actual wet condensation, just what looks like old reside -- and it's all on the upper half of the headlight plastic -- the lower half is clear as a bell. I certainly hope this doesn't prove to be plastic degradation from the sun, but it really looks like some film/residue/deposits inside the plastic. Have no idea how I'm going to get to it to clean it, but just have to remove the headlight housings and take a look. Anyone else find this problem?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Several guys here have said that its a leaky gasket on the headlight assembly. I have noticed it on my 2001 just recently since its been cold at night here. I guess you may want to see what the cost for gaskets are and see about getting them replaced.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Actually , if you read the owners manual, it states the headlights will fog on the inside in some conditions.

They say it will clear up when the weather changes.

Basically, Chrysler is saying its normal and not a gasket failure.

There are not sealed units like the old days.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It makes more sense for them to not be completely air-tight, actually. That way there's some ventilation for those super-hot, super-bright lights some people put in.. *hint hint* *wink wink* :D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
They are not to have condensation in the head light housings. It should be under warranty. I had both replaced in my 2000 R/T 4 months ago. No problems now other wise they are about $289.00 each.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I had one replaced under warranty as well.

Chrysler must think it's a problem if they are paying to replace them. :confused:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My 2002 R/T has the same problem I noticed yesterday with the fogging inside of the passenger headlight and foglight, but It goes away after a while, I'm considering taking it to the dealership for replacement, but I don't think it's too much of a problem. I first noticed it when my car frosted up the other night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts