DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A New Haven police officer was struck and injured Thursday after stopping a driver at a DUI checkpoint.

Four suspects were in custody, and police said there were two guns found at the scene.

Police said the four suspects inside the vehicle were told to pull over. The suspects then drove off down the road. Two officers working at the corner of East and Water streets saw the vehicle, which was described as a black Intrepid, and tried to pull the vehicle over. The driver then stepped on the gas pedal and ran the officer over, police said.

Police then opened fire and shot the driver in the leg.

The suspects took off down the road and crashed under a bridge at the corner of Long Wharf and Sergeant. The suspects then fled the scene in various directions, with two running down south on Interstate 95, police said.

The condition of the officer was unknown.

·
Registered
990 Posts
New Haven.. figures... always something going on with the cops around there!

Probably someone who stole the car hit the cop.... idiots.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
HMMM, sounds like the guy driving was thinking just like the guy that cut his johnson off last week in chicago but that POST for some reason was deleted. Something about shooting the suspect in the leg bothers me. Was this guy apprehended or did he get away. Im sure its not hard to catch a guy that is shot in the leg on foot

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
he's lucky he only got shot in the leg. Running the cop over demonstrated his disregard for human life and elevated him to a lethal threat to the officers and general public. They must have hit him through the door I'm thinking.

He's damn lucky he's not starring at a satin ceiling right now. The cops could have popped him in the head and have been justified.

Dark stuff.

BJ:anon:

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I agree Great White, - The driver could and maybe should of got shot in the chest or head. He was threating the officers life and the general publics life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts