DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering putting dual cold air intake in my car..but can't decide if the the cost will out weight the good and vice versa..there is a pic of it on the site somewhere i've seen it before...looks pretty sweet...what are your opinions on this...feed back would be greatly appreaciated thanks alot!

TREPS ROCK!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Dang 1997, you're all over this site with questions arent you?! I was looking into this as well. Can someone please post a dual intake pic on a 3.3L? Can that be done?

-1997, do you have a 3.3 or 3.5 in your car? Just wondering.

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll post a pic....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh 3.5L

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

looks pretty sweet....got this pic from another furom so don't wanna steal the guy's credit...said minimal performance gain...huge sound gain

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Can it be done with the 3.3? I haven't seen it and I've searched the million different intake setups everyone has on this site a thousand times.

Thanks,
-BaTmAn

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
BaTmAnCRHS said:
-Can it be done with the 3.3? I haven't seen it and I've searched the million different intake setups everyone has on this site a thousand times.

Thanks,
-BaTmAn

Why couldn't it? If you can fit it, its in.. its not like theres a special part to fit on or anything...

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
BaTmAnCRHS said:

Thanks,
-BaTmAn
Without customizing the intake plenum No.
If you were to get anouther plenum, Cut a hole on the right side, cut off the part that connects to the tb. Weld it to the hole in your other plenum and relocate battery. BUT you would really have to know what your doing.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well, my thinking about whether you can do it on a 3.3 or not was from that picture. That guy just has both intakes leading into the same tube, which means more velocity pushing air into the throttle body, which leads to better performance. I wouldn't ever consider screwing with my plenum myself...

-Brandon

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Could I get like a piece of pvc pipe that splits off into two parts, and run two intakes out of that?

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You probably could. I was considering using drier duct myself a while back.. until I created some shielding out of aluminum.... The only thing you would have to worry about is melting the PVC pipe.. You can find metal pipe that splits probably at home depot...

-Brandon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DO NOT USE PVC PIPE!!!! VERY VERY BAD IDEA BECAUSE....
not only do you have to worry about the pvc pipe melting but if it heats up and starts to burn even the littliest bit it will give off toxic fumes which if they enter your cabin can be very harmful.

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Alright, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

-BaTmAn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts