DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap the console from a 300M to my Intrepid. I’m really sick of the stupid turtle shell braking off and getting the shifter stuck. My question is the 300M has a power outlet inside the storage hand rest but how do you wire this into the Intrepid wiring. I take I would just need the wire harness from a 300M.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
You only need the shift bezel to replace the old fishscale bezel, do you have autostick? If so, I have a leather bezel A/S shift bezel hangin around.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The 300m console will work but only the actual console comaprtment part where the armrest and the cupholders are. You would still need to use your shifter bezel and side pieces to make it fit. The bezel and side pieces will not fit with the intrepid dash. The only way to put a full 300m console in, trim and all, is to put a 300m dash in too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Console swap

What if you get the whole thing from a 300M, including the sides, shifter, console. Are you saying the front bracket where the ashtray is will not fitt and sides next to the glovebox and gas paddel?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You also need to change the position of the metal retaining plate from straight to angled - you'll see the locating marks

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
monkeyboyx said:
Is it an easy job to do....I do most of my work on cars.
depends if you think taking out and putting in 5 screws is easy :frenzy:
(after you pop off the sides and cover)

BTW, you don't need the wiring pieces to plug in the aux power. Just splice it into the cigar lighter/power outlet wiring. That is all the 300 does, but up in the dash

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
monkeyboyx said:
What if you get the whole thing from a 300M, including the sides, shifter, console. Are you saying the front bracket where the ashtray is will not fitt and sides next to the glovebox and gas paddel?
No, like I said, the shifter bezel and the sides will not mate to the intrepid dash properly. If the reason for doing the swap is to get a console with a power outlet, which is the reason I did it, then you can keep your trim pieces and everything will be fine. If you're swapping because you want the 300m shifter bezel like you said then it won't work. Like TFC said, you can just splice into the wiring for the lighter in the ashtray to get power for the outlet which is what I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.