DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post here, just want to comment on one hell of a great site, and a great resource to LH platform owners. I have a 1996 LHS 3.5L going on 186K and have recently been noticing a constant misfire plaguing it. I have no check engine light, or codes. I have access to an OtC Genisys scantool, and when I hook it up in the "datastream" mode and look at current misfire count, the Cyl#1 is pegged at max 146, with Cyl#3 occasionally logging one. One of my fellow co-workers said he could feel the constant misfire in it as well. I have done plugs, wires, coilpack, and an injector with no avail. I did intake gaskets about a year ago, and would hope thy're not leaking!! If anyone has any suggestions on where to go from here, I would greatly appreciate it. I was thinking maybe compression test next, and maybe looking under the valvecovers at the rocker assemblies??

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I forgot to post, that the car is getting rotten gas mileage according to the HUD. Ranging from 15.1-15.6mpg. I only run name brand gas 89 or 92/93 octane and run fuel system cleaner through every oil change.

·
Registered
660 Posts
A common reason for missfire on the 3.5's is leaking intake gasket.
That's what others have said. I don't have a 3.5 so have not first hand on it. But sure you can do some searches and find more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I put an intake set on it last year in June, and I would hope that it hasn't gone bad yet. How long do they usually last? I guess I can try another one this weekend, I'm only out $4 if its not it.

·
9,861 Posts
It would most likely be the lower intake gasket set (lower intake to head). Not the one that meets the plenum to the lower intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts