DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this is from February 2006 I still think it is very useful.

I wanted to post this because it would have been very helpful for when I went to purchase tires, hopefully it can help some of you.

Best Buy Categories:
P = Premium Selection
M = Midrange Selection
E = Economy Selection

Passenger Car Tires All Season
(P) Goodyear Assurance TripleTred.
(M) BFGoodrich Traction T/A (T-rated).
(E) General Tire Ameri G4S

Touring
(P) Bridgestone Turanza LS-H
(M) Yokohama AVID TRZ
(E) KUMHO 732 Touring Plus

Performance
(P) Goodyear Eagle GT-HR
(M) Bridgestone Potenza G009
(E) Dunlop GT Qualifier T

Light Truck/SUV Tires All-Purpose
(P) Goodyear Fortera SilentArmor
(M) Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza (T-rated).
(E) Avon Ranger TSE

Sport
(P) Yokohama Advan S/T
(M) Bdirgestone Dueler H/P
(E) KUMHO Ecsta STX

Hope it helps someone and good luck tire shopping!

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
personal experance the bridgestone G009 suck,, and i work for them,, the tires handel good when new but they wear fast chop ,, stay out of balance,,, nope spend a few more bucks and go with the pole postion,, very very good tire

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I think the TripleTreds are great. If I was going for more performance, I go for the new Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I had Bridgestone Potenza's........treadlife didn't seem great, but they stuck like glue to the road! Replaced them with BFG KDW's.......better treadlife, and still stick like glue :)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Strongt said:
I think the TripleTreds are great. If I was going for more performance, I go for the new Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge:

I like the ResponsEdge look. The only bad thing I found is that the responsedge only gets as close as 225/55R16 to my stock size of 225/60R16. Also, I think they are directional meaning no side to side rotations

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
I like the ResponsEdge look. The only bad thing I found is that the responsedge only gets as close as 225/55R16 to my stock size of 225/60R16. Also, I think they are directional meaning no side to side rotations
Yeah, they are directional. So are the TripleTreds too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts