DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as many of you know, last November my trep was completly vandilized. The damage amounted to over $6700! Now that the warmer temps have come and settled i've really gotten down and dirty looking the car over. A few weeks ago, i started to knowtice that my ES bumper was pushing out on the sides. I pushed them in and went on my way. A few morings later, it again was out, and every morinig since then(the corners by the headlights). Now im getting mad. Two weeks ago, I went up to the shop with my brother to get an opinion to what was happening. I showed him the pushing out of the bumper and he was not surprised at all. Then I showed him that I can fit my pinky finger between the headlights and the bumper. The third thing that I showed him were my wheel wells, the little black clips that hold the bumper to the black parts are not even tight! I literally can shake my front and rear bumpers to where it feels like they may fall off. He said he was willin to put metal screws in to hold it down!!!! I SAID **** THAT!!! I never said it to his face but to my older bro. I've been thinking that I may go up there this week to say that i want a new ES bumper(because it is now warped from the heat), and have them (both bumpers) mounted with the correct bolts, not the cheap ass **** from a hardware store down the street. I know they are not the right ones because at the dealer i work at, we sell many treps and they don't shake, and have cheap bolts through them. The owner of the shop said he ordered all of the supplys from my dealership, the **** he didn't!!

What do you all think i can do about this problem? If he does not fix the bumpers my way(all work and supplys have a 1 year warrenty) then do I have a chance with the BBB? I read their web page a few times now, and believe that I may have a case. Has anyone done anything with them (the BBB)?

Any help would be appreciated.

I just finished washing the trep, let me get some pics.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I have never dealt with them, but with a sweet ride like that... future IOM??
P.S.
Get rims. ;)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I suffered the same popping out and loose fit after having my front fascia replaced. I took it back and they discovered that two clips had come loose. Just have your local dealership or bodyshop tighten the whole thing up. Solved my problem.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RapidTransit said:
I suffered the same popping out and loose fit after having my front fascia replaced. I took it back and they discovered that two clips had come loose. Just have your local dealership or bodyshop tighten the whole thing up. Solved my problem.
but is your bumper warping as you wrote that? no, well mine is!

sorry if i sound pissed at you, im not. i want to beat the living piss out of the owner.

late January this year, we took my mom's 300m in because she got rear ended. when we got there, his parking lot was a sheet of ice. My mom slipped and got a medium concussion. Did he offer her anything for the accident....no, did her car look good? **** NO! He use touch up paint over the rear passenger wheel well. It looks like a 3 year old did it! If he doesn't fix my bumpers we will probobly sue his ass out of business. My mom still has a hard time getting around and it's July now. She's lucky she doesn't remember anything that happened, and I'm glad that Im an Eagle Scout. I save her life i believe.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Is the shop a BBB member?

If they're not, the only thing you can do is file a complaint...... and basically they file it away and nothing happens. It's very little leverage, unfortunately.

If they are a BBB member, I believe that they can try to mediate and help.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
if your mom fell on ice on his property, and he didn't offer anything, the first thing you should do monday morning is conctact a good lawyer and file suit for damages and lost wages. As for your car, AG's office, have a lawyer call maybe, that should get things moving. Get a dealer or dea;er-approved body shop to look at it and tell you eaxctly what's wrong, then give him that list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts