DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car keeps making this continuous ticking sound whenever i am curving to the left or turning. It comes from the front right wheel and im not sure what it is. It sounds like something breaking but in a ticking manner thats a bit strong.
Help

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
It is a bad CV axle shaft on that side most likely.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah, when CV joints are failing they typically make a clicking noise on turns. When you have the bad one replaced, have the other one checked out to, just to be safe and so you won't have to do it again with the other a week later. When it comes to things on cars that come in pairs, if one is bad it never hurts to replace the other too. They would both have the same amount of wear on them.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
did U check ur flasher? maybe U forgot to turn it off...LOL

·
Woober Goobers!
50,623 Posts
Check your Blinker Fluid!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, when CV joints are failing they typically make a clicking noise on turns. When you have the bad one replaced, have the other one checked out to, just to be safe and so you won't have to do it again with the other a week later. When it comes to things on cars that come in pairs, if one is bad it never hurts to replace the other too. They would both have the same amount of wear on them.
I checked and i saw the CV axle its broken. I just want to know how important it is to fix this. If i want to travel over 200 miles will it be safe travelling like that. What happens if its not replaced now.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Fix it ASAP or you will be walking from the side of the road and leaving your car behind.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
there cheep,, 49-60 bucks at az or advanced

1 - 11 of 11 Posts