DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down and purchased a cool little filter and whell took off that elbow tube and put it on.
I would say jeez it sounds better.. like before it had some noise and now it just sounds powerful, no more ghetto noises.
I do also have blue lights installed (awaiting pic on lights) and am starting to paint my A pillar black. Once finished I will post pics.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I dont know really what it it just a tube that looked like it restricted air flow because the air is going one direction (towards the throttle body) and then you have this one little tube trying to pull air a diffrent way. Which I felt would slow air flow down.
so I thought to get a plug and cover the intake part and put a filter right on the crankcase. and mabey it will increase preformance or sound.. and whell my car doesnt sound all messed up anymore thats all I know.
I did see this mod on a few other cars here which was cool so I had to use the idea.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
so what did you use to plug the intake and yes that is the breather tube and you put on a breather filter but i dunno what it does or if there is any gain or lose there. hopefully a senior member will chime in and let us know

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did I used some plasticy rubbery plug that fit right over it, threw on a clamp and now its airtight (except the filters), I appreciate the clean explanation because I didnt know what it "really" was for sure. Also thanks for thinking of that intake because that is serious matters there.

::edit:: what I mean by except the filters is that the car still sucks air through the filters :D lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
It is the intake for the PCV system. The idea is to keep air moving through the block, removing vaporized oil fractions, preventing the crankcase from pressurizing, etc. Notice the inlet is on the passenger's side, and the outlet to the pCV is on the driver's side, this way air is drawn through the entire crankcase/valve-cover area.

Jim Snover

I did I used some plasticy rubbery plug that fit right over it, threw on a clamp and now its airtight (except the filters), I appreciate the clean explanation because I didnt know what it "really" was for sure. Also thanks for thinking of that intake because that is serious matters there.

::edit:: what I mean by except the filters is that the car still sucks air through the filters :D lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts