DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dodge Intrepid 2002 and it had an external leak of coolant so Chrysler service replaced the coolant housing and thermostat.
My question is if in order to replace the whole coolant housing with the 'pipe' going deep into the engine and thermostat, did they have to take off the fans that are in the front of the car?
About two days after I picked up the car one of the fans started making weird noises, as if I had a bird under the hood. Before I had a chance to go to the same Chrysler service the fan got stuck and when my wife pulled into the driveway there was a lot of somke coming from under the hood. I checked the fan and as I can move one easily I can't move the other one even a bit.
Have no clue what to do. I'm terribly tired of Chrysler service but if there is a chance they messed it up I want them to fix it at their expanse. If not - I will try to find someone to fix it.

Thank you for all your responses.

Artie

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
nope they shouldnt of touched it,, its common for a fan to lock up that way, remember your car is getting older,,,, look to ebay for a new unit there cheap there

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
not sure..maybe something jammed it??? the fuse should blow....

my trep is a 2002 and everything runs like new.... it shouldnt be acting up this soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, this morning I put some 'power' into mowving this fan and it moved. So I started turning it a lot and I put some oil on it. Gonna try it today.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts