DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi any one out there had their cooling fans go bad on there 03< 2.7 L motor if so is this an on going broblem with this model. the reason i ask is a new one is 270. and a used is 200.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Do a search on the forums. MANY Trep cooling fans have died and been replaced. I ordered my fans on eBay last year for about $160 if I remember correctly....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mine went after about 4 years or so (100K+ miles) and got one from a junkyard off of a Trep with like 30K miles for $100 shipped. I'm guessing that with the amount of Treps out there, you can find a used one for a lot less than $200.

·
Registered
293 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Are you sure it's the fans? Double check the relays too.[/QUOTE]Agreed. It could be a relay. But if you are sure its the fan motor(s), then check eBay. I paid around $160-$180 last summer for a brand new set (after-market). I think the company was Zebra motors. They fit perfectly. They are a little noisier than OEMs, but with the radio on, it does not make any difference.

Search the threads on this board and you should find links and how-to's discussed in several places.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
TJ said:
Agreed. It could be a relay. But if you are sure its the fan motor(s), then check eBay. I paid around $160-$180 last summer for a brand new set (after-market). I think the company was Zebra motors. They fit perfectly. They are a little noisier than OEMs, but with the radio on, it does not make any difference.

Search the threads on this board and you should find links and how-to's discussed in several places.
Same place I got mine from. Slight bit more noise, quite a bit more power draw it seems... Oh well...they cool...that's my main concern! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Look REALLY closely at the PLUG on the right side (facing the front of the car) of the fans. Mine was a little melted and lost contact. I cut the plug off and hard wired it and havent had a problem since. You can find the fans on EBAY for around 120-140. I got mine from there. One of mine broke completely off, i think something got stuck in them. ANYWAYS, for anyone else who reads this.....
TO CHECK YOUR FANS do the following...
Start your car
Turn on the AC
pop the hood
after about 30 seconds or less your fans (BOTH of them) should come on.

If not, check the plug and see if it looks a little warped or melted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts