DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Shawn and I recently purchased a 99 intrepid es with a 3.2 and I've been having problems with the cooling system. Next is my radiator being replaced. I've been told I need to remove the entire grill and bumper of the car. Is it true? Then my next item is the struts due to the age and mileage things deteriorate. Maintaining a decent vehicle isn't my issue though. I know people should, yet most don't. I personally love the design and size with my last car being a 99 sebring convertible with a 2.7 I would expect the same in cost and less hassle of a ragtop leak. Help would be good at any angle but for now the radiator issue

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
No, you dont need to remove the bumper and grille.

You can access the radiator by removing the upper core support. Drain the coolant, remove the upper hose, fan assembly, upper trans cooler line; and condenser---that part is tricky; you'll have to use a long extension thru the grille to get at the two bolts holding the condenser on; it is a bit tricky sliding it up and out of the slots on the radiator as well. After that, you can tilt the radiator up, remove the lower hose and trans cooler line, and cooler line clamp on the side of the radiator.

As for struts, dont use Monroe quickstruts; they are not reliable. Gabriels or KYB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts