DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my car, I had the only 2nd gen 3.5 equipped Intrepid in town, now there are 2 SXTs in town.

Oh well, I guess people know a damn fine car when they see it!

I need to mod mine some more! Mine's not the fastest Intrepid in town anymore and my friends won't shut up about it!

New REVISED Summer Mod List!

Mopar CD/Cassette radio with changer control
4 or 6 disc changer
Subwoofer amp so I can use my sub
Some speakers that are better than my Infinity Reference, the harshness is pissing me off.
JoeKD Intake
EVIC
HID lamps
NEW TIRES! (the dealer provided cheap ass wal mart tires must be banished from the land!)
Extra sound damping

If I get the cash:
True dual exhaust
R/T suspension parts
SE Transfer Gears
Autostick

Holy Grail Mod:
High Speed PCM and HO Plenum (this one is HARD, easy to install, hard to get the dealer to cooperate with you and your plans)

Any more ideas for me? If so, I wanna hear them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,552 Posts
Before I got my intrepid, My friend, his GF, and I drove around for 4 friggin hours trying to find an intrepid to show her what one looks like.... but never found one. NOW i cant drive a mile from my house without passing at least 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Badasstrep said:
wow, looks like you have an expensive summer coming up!
Yes I do! But I have customers waiting to have their PC fixed and a large build for my mom's workplace.

A little spyware, some viruses, a few Windows Update sessions gone bad and a few summer storms makes for some nice cash!

It's amazing how people neglect their PC, oh well, more money and mods for me!

DUMB Customer Story: :D

I also have people lined up for upgrades.... I love it when people bring me POS laptops and regarless of my advice to just give up and call Dell, they still want to spend the cash to upgrade.

This guy bought an OLD P3 700 laptop for $250 and is spending an extra $250 to add WiFi, DVD and an extra 256MB of ram. It also needs it's OS reinstalled.... I think he outsmarted himself, Dell is selling new low end laptops for like $600, and he just paid $500 for a laptop that is 5 years old! Oh yeah, not only is it 5 years old, it only has 4MB of video memory and he asked me if his kid could play gams on it! My response: Yea sure, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Original Wolfenstien, Minesweeper and some card games, that's it! He wasn't amused...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
hardwareguy said:
When I first got my car, I had the only 2nd gen 3.5 equipped Intrepid in town, now there are 2 SXTs in town.

Oh well, I guess people know a damn fine car when they see it!

I need to mod mine some more! Mine's not the fastest Intrepid in town anymore and my friends won't shut up about it!
Well, I still have the best looking 2.7 in town. Minus the rims of course. There are alot more starting to pop up around here. There is a silver SE that always sits in front of Pinkys on 14th, a red one at steak express on 14th...both with nice wheels. And there are a few on base as well. Then there is me. I have a few things that nobody else has on there cars in town. :icon_wink
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silver&gold said:
Well, I still have the best looking 2.7 in town. Minus the rims of course. There are alot more starting to pop up around here. There is a silver SE that always sits in front of Pinkys on 14th, a red one at steak express on 14th...both with nice wheels. And there are a few on base as well. Then there is me. I have a few things that nobody else has on there cars in town. :icon_wink

Yup, your SE is one unique beast! I like the gadgets you added. :D

I saw a sliver SE in the HEB parking lot, it had just been detailed. It has the ES rims, so I thought it was an exact duplicate of my car at first.

I saw an R/T in the wal mart parking lot about a month ago. All stock, but it had a sunroof and all the other goodies. I don't think the R/T is always in town, I have never seen it since.

There is also a SWEET Concorde Limited running around, it always looks nice somehow! How it always manages to escape the duststorms is beyond me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
hardwareguy said:
Yup, your SE is one unique beast! I like the gadgets you added. Thank you!

I saw a sliver SE in the HEB parking lot, it had just been detailed. It has the ES rims, so I thought it was an exact duplicate of my car at first.

I saw an R/T in the wal mart parking lot about a month ago. All stock, but it had a sunroof and all the other goodies. I don't think the R/T is always in town, I have never seen it since.

There is also a SWEET Concorde Limited running around, it always looks nice somehow! How it always manages to escape the duststorms is beyond me!
There was a guy just down the street from me that had an R/T. He was a captain in the AF, but I guess he moved. Haven't seen it in a looooong time. That Concord your talking about....is it a white one with dark tint? Vague I know....but there is one in particular that makes my mouth salivate when I see it. Nothing too special about it, but it is clean. I mean clean. I parked next to a red ES the other day at HEB...the kid got out and asked me alot of questions. His was nice, but he was drooling over my duals and the lighted rear reflector and few other minor things. He is not from abilene tho'...just passing through. He said he might join the club. :clown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
silver&gold said:
There was a guy just down the street from me that had an R/T. He was a captain in the AF, but I guess he moved. Haven't seen it in a looooong time. That Concord your talking about....is it a white one with dark tint? Vague I know....but there is one in particular that makes my mouth salivate when I see it. Nothing too special about it, but it is clean. I mean clean. I parked next to a red ES the other day at HEB...the kid got out and asked me alot of questions. His was nice, but he was drooling over my duals and the lighted rear reflector and few other minor things. He is not from abilene tho'...just passing through. He said he might join the club. :clown:

I was talking about that deep blue Concorde Limited! There is a white LHS in town that matches your description and yes, it is nice!

Oh yeah, first mod: 6 disc changer! I'm torn btween the RBQ self contained unit or just getting the changer itself, I already have changer controls, so it mya be a LOT cheaper just to fill the cubby hole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
You can always add new mods, but someone out there is going to do the same thing sooner or later. For me it is nice knowing that in some things I was the first. Good luck on your list. I too have one about a mile long (most will probably never see the light of day) but hope to do at least 10 before summer ends (if the parts come in).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
hardwareguy said:
Oh yeah, first mod: 6 disc changer! I'm torn btween the RBQ self contained unit or just getting the changer itself, I already have changer controls, so it mya be a LOT cheaper just to fill the cubby hole.
Going with the external CD changer leaves the door open for a later upgrade to the RB1 Nav-radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CDN R/T said:
Going with the external CD changer leaves the door open for a later upgrade to the RB1 Nav-radio.
Ah! I NEVER thought about that! So where do I find one of these elusive 6 disc changers and will it work with the RBB radio I got on ebay for the incredible sum of 10 bucks? (yup, an RBB for 10 bucks!)

Ebay has neither a 4 disc or 6 disc changer.....
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top