1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Sold the Concorde on 6/29/04 -- Traded for a 01' LHS
Check it out here:
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?p=523052#post523052

Bought my Concorde in January of 99' with 68000 miles on it.

It's a early 95' model, production date is 11/94.

Now has 121000 on it, and running strong.

It came from the factory with a 3.5L, ATC, RKE, Traction Control...
No center console, :mad: i really wish i had one, so that may be a future mod :biggrin:

Right off I put in a new deck:
Pioneer DEH-P47 - Went with this because it fit the stock opening without the need for a adapter plate

And that was the last mod i did for over 3 years, that is until i found this site :biggrin:

Next i added the white face gauges from procarparts.com

Next was a OTIS and an auto-dim mirror

Also did the popular spectre intake
Crazy loud, i love it :D

Auto-Headlight switch that i refuse to give up on (still doesn't work right)

and last but not least added some DI.net decals :D

Sometime in there i also added Silverstar headlight bulbs, major improvement over stock.

Have many more plans for the future, not sure which will become reality though :rolleyes:

In the three years between the time i bought it, and i found this site, a lot of little stuff had broken. I fixed every last little thing now. (last thing was to get the a/c functional :) ) So now all efforts will be to modifications. I will update this thread when anything new comes along....

Let me hear some feedback!

Update 6/08/04:

Final Update 6/25/04:

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
looks to me like hes running the power out of the same wire that powers the overhead display. Not a bad looking Concorde you have there man!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Looks really good. *Hey look that way /me points to left then procedes to steal your OTIS* :)

I just noticed something, look at the Odometer in that one pic. 114444....lots-o- 4's there :)

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dodge_Intrepid_Teen said:
Car looks good OTIS/Autodimming mirror mod looks almost exactly like mine:D great job, I see you got the same radar dector as me...or at least looks like it wheres your lil power cord? I see its on but no cord?
gazetowardthesky said:
looks to me like hes running the power out of the same wire that powers the overhead display. Not a bad looking Concorde you have there man!
actully, i ran the wire for the radar detector before i installed the otis, just put it up in the headliner and down the a-pillar to the fuse panel. if i had the otis first, i would have just used that power source, but i didn't feel like changing it once it worked :)

thanks for all the comments! Keep em coming! :D

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Is that a cell phone holder next to your otis?

Does no center console mean that you have a front bench seat? If so just keep that for road head.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CaptainMorgan said:
Is that a cell phone holder next to your otis?

Does no center console mean that you have a front bench seat? If so just keep that for road head.
nah, i just keep my cell phone clipped to the visor, since i have no center console to store it in... :rolleyes:

and yep, totally front bench seat:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Too bad on the auto headlight switch, I hope you figure it out soon. its okay with the 4's. I was on the interstate and happened to look down in time to see mine roll over to 94,666 I pushed the gas a little harder to get that to roll over a little faster and prayed that there weren't any cops, I have no radar detector... not too smart of me I know...

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Addiing a few more pics:

The white face gauges at night:

Dad's 03' Stratus Sxt next to the 'Corde

In the three years between the time i bought it, and i found this site, a lot of little stuff had broken. I fixed every last little thing now. (last thing was to get the a/c functional ) So now all efforts will be to modifications
heres all the parts i replaced just before the intl' meet, also add to this pile the drivers side door skin....:

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
94_Concorde said:
Dude, sucks you traded your car. It was looking very nice. Still got to figure out the auto headlamps. I have got as far as you did.:mad:
sorry! :blush:

BTW, i had acquired a parklamp relay, and had it wired up, but the BCM wouldn't send the signal for them, (BCM is supposed to provide the ground for the relay)and i still had the problem with the headlights on all the time.

I know the relay was good, because if i grounded the wire to the BCM, the parking lights came on perfect. I have to believe that there may be a difference in the LHS/new yorker BCM for this feature, because it was sending the signal for the headlights, and not the parking lights...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I Like the LHS! Its sweet! When I get $$$ I will do the otis! I am saving up for a head unit right now.******************************************************EVERYBODY: Check out my page on car domain! www.cardomain.com/memberpage/525118
Check out my red glowin' 1994concorde!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a hella nice concorde... what I wouldn't give for an upgrade to my Eagle... like a 300m or a 2nd gen LHS... drool....

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
smelanson said:
Did you see a large proformance increase with the new intake?
Performance? hardly. It is crazy loud at wide open throttle, but any performance gain isn't really noticable. The guy i sold the intake to after i sold the concorde put a better exhaust system on. He said with the two of them there is a nice increase...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine needs a paintjob so fu**in bad it drives me crazy. I made the mistake of washing my car and now the clearcoat is coming off so bad. It has high miles, falling apart front suspention, rattling rear suspention. It is dependable. I will probably not be able to get another car for a good 3-4 yrs so I must take care of this one.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sigh.... i really miss this car :(

anyways, just cleaned up the 1st post to include all the pictures

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.