DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

COROLLA!!!! Sorry for the spelling error.

So I am leaving my college when this riced up^^Carolla pulls up next to me on this street/expressway. He honks his horn and asks me If I want to "take him on." I am not the guy who likes to race on the streets nor with a car that has 136,000 miles on it.

We are at a red light and I say why not. So, we take off and I had him off the line for about a mile or so. The funny thing is that I was kicking his ass at 60mph.

At the next light he honked at me and asked me if I have done any modifications to it. Modifications??????? WTF is he talking about? LOL. I told him nope.

Another 2.7 kicks a ricer's a$$!!!! :biggrin:

This is one of those "guranteed" wins. Ha!

·
Registered
298 Posts
lol
my mom has a 99 corolla, same colour as the one in the picture.

One day she had to pickup my car from the local garage and she said "its so big and fast, i was doing 80 by the time I left the laneway!"

Thats a 1994 trep with a 3.3L. My mom is a bit sheltered. lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I had my 4 banger 1.8L, I made fun of anyone below me. When I had my 2.4L 4 banger, I made fun of anyone below me. When I had my 3.2L V6, I made fun of anyone below me. Now that I have my 3.5L HO, I make fun of anyone that isnt in a countach!

Okay, maybe that last bit is an exaggeration, but I definitely dont like wasting my time on a car I KNOW I can humiliate. Waste of gas, just to waste someones a$$

You taught him a lesson thought, one less ricer to deal with.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I definitely dont like wasting my time on a car I KNOW I can humiliate. Waste of gas, just to waste someones a$$

You taught him a lesson thought, one less ricer to deal with.
That's the only reason why I did it. He was confident he could kick my a$$. I just wish he had his gf or buddies in the car with him.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ha. They are fast for their size indeed. Does she want one?
Absolutely not, she says its too big. Although she has decided that her next car will be something bigger, like a camry.

I dont mind the corolla overall, its a decent econobox, better than any of its competitors in its class. AND if you take off in 2nd it REALLY takes off like nuts.

Once I had to jump over to the corolla forum to ask a tech question about my moms car and there was a thread on how to make a paddle shifter type thing on the wheel for the overdrive button :9lame::9lame:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey I got a Corolla like that in my stable of cars..... It is not riced out however

Yes that's what we have here also same color too.. They have electrical problems though when it comes to power locks/windows.. 16V Models also use consumes up more oil and transmission has to be watched! Otherwise they have a lot of torque and power. I did race my Intrepid 24V 3.2L against the wife Corolla DX 1.8 and I still beat her! I was doing 105mph she was at 80mph on the I-9x highway ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts