DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This is in case some of you didn't already know. On many of the Intrepids the tire pressure is specified at 32PSI as labled on the vehicle or at least on my 99 Intrepid ES was specified as to this tire pressure.

I was sort of correct in regard to slightly increasing the tire pressure since the vehicles sometimes drive too soft at 32PSI.

I have found out that Chrysler only specifies the 32PSI at speeds NO greater than about 75MPH. If you plan on driving over 75MPH then your tires NEED to be inflated at 35PSI. I do not understand why the this is not stated on the vehicle label. I did not know this for some time and just found this out looking over some Chrysler related documentation RE: Intrepid.

Hopefully this information is useful to some.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wow, that is kinda interting, have to take note of that.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Originally posted by MoparPerformance:
I do not understand why the this is not stated on the vehicle label. I did not know this for some time and just found this out looking over some Chrysler related documentation RE: Intrepid.
Mopar won't advise anything that suggests exceeding the legal speed limits, I'm very surprised you found the info at all

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also found out that the PSI can increase up to 5PSI, even up to 7PSI in some cases after tire temperature fluctuates during driving depending on the speed and condition. And of course always check and adjust your PSI cold after the vehicle has not been driven for a few hours. Some of you guys already may have known this but just in case. I just have this idea that there are a lot of Intrepid, 300M, LHS, Concorde guys out there going faster than 75MPH with their tires inflated at only 32PSI. That could be dangerous and that would suck. Well they do have something stating that DaimlerChrysler Corporation strongly advocates safe driving within all local speed limits. I think this is also in the manual.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts