DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, its been a while since on this forum. Those who remember me knows I used to have a 2.7 which of course, seized.

Well I am back and I could use some quick advice as I just found out I am moving due to work and need wheels.

I missed my intrepid so I have found a 2002 Intrepid ES 3.5, fully loaded that I am thinking of purchasing. It has 223390 kms on it. It is being sold on a lot cert and etested.

Is there anything I should know, concerns, intrepid secrets I should be aware of as once I get it, i don't want to run into any common issues I should have known about.

Thanks so much in advance. The job move came quick on me so I need to find something immediately.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
The water pump/timing belt service history would be the main concern, but that applies to just about any used car.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
x2 on the TB/WP. if the timing belt is old (overdue) and snaps it will need a major engine repair

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, i'm well aware of the TB and WP. I'm more concerned of hidden known issues.

For example, it wasn't until after my 2.7 seized that I found out that the 2.7 is the worst engine chrysler has ever built.

So this time i'm trying to find out all I can before making this purchase. any electrical issues? perhaps recalls?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
nothing serious as far as recalls go that I know of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts