DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of tearing the dashboard out of my 1999 LHS, very disappointed with Chrysler for not having a better design when it comes to the evaporator core, is it really necessary to have to work for 4 1/2 hours tearing a dashboard out of a car for a simple AC system repair? On the other hand, compared to the Dodge Stratus or JA bodies, I have worked on in the past I'm impressed with the attempted use of sound deadening along the firewall area, now if it actually did what it was suppose to... I'd be even happier.

Anybody else have the joy of working on the evaporator core??? Isn't it just grand?!?!?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Well I swaped my intrepid dash for one out of a 300M, yeah it was a PIA. Will I do it again? Yes for when I swap out my dash harness. Do I want to do it again? No!!! lol

Good luck on the repair. And I also agree it's a stupid idea to have to take it out to swap the evap core.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Well I swaped my intrepid dash for one out of a 300M, yeah it was a PIA. Will I do it again? Yes for when I swap out my dash harness. Do I want to do it again? No!!! lol

Good luck on the repair. And I also agree it's a stupid idea to have to take it out to swap the evap core.
Oh you guys are such whiners :smokin:. I think I've swapped my dash in and out 5 times now, and done it to two other people's cars. Once you get the hang of it, its a breeze.

I'd consider redoing the sound deadening on the firewall, but I like the engine noise personally :). Just gotta reduce the road noise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I'm having a little issue with the air circulation selector now. When I select the upper vents, or windshield defrost I'm still getting a majority of my air from the floor vents. I've tried to power on and off the ventilation system several times, but it doesn't seem to be making the floor vent stop blowing air, anybody have any advice?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the ATC calibration and I was given:

Code Action
23 BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR FEEDBACK FAILURE

Any idea as to how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
I did the ATC calibration and I was given:

Code Action
23 BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR FEEDBACK FAILURE

Any idea as to how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!
Double check your wiring connections, see that everything is plugged in ok. If everything is ok, is likely a bad mode actuator.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Once, I installed a new stereo, and my actuator stopped working. Turned out that I had pinched off some of the straw like tubes that the pneumatic actuator worked off. once I reinstalled the stereo with a bit more care, the problem was rectified.
Could be worth a try.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Oh you guys are such whiners :smokin:. I think I've swapped my dash in and out 5 times now, and done it to two other people's cars. Once you get the hang of it, its a breeze.

I'd consider redoing the sound deadening on the firewall, but I like the engine noise personally :). Just gotta reduce the road noise.
Yeah. the dash is not to bad compared to some of the older cars I have worked on. 5 times?? lol.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help everyone, I took everything back apart and examined it to find the two vertical rods that control airflow were fine, but the third horizontal bar that goes farthest to the left wasn't seated in it's proper location, it was a four minute fix once I got to the problem... I'll be recharging the system again
Wednesday. Hopefully there won't be any more surprises.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I attended the tour of the Brampton plant and watched how they put these cars together.

One is popping off the end of the line every 40 something seconds. I'm pretty sure that's why it takes hours to fix something like a evaporator core. First there was an evap core then they sent the car down a 6 mile assembly line and surrounded it with parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts