DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a 1997 Intrepid ES. This is my first Intrepid, and I already love it to death. It has 112,000 miles and is in fantastic shape, but I have a couple of questions.

It will miss but very rarely and only once at a time, would this be a sparkplug issue?

I was following traffic and doing about 85 on the highway, and going around a lazy bend to the right, the car started shaking. It was like the front passenger tire was lifting off the ground and setting back down rapidly, with some dull thumping, what might be causing this? seems to only happen over 80 mph.

Thanks, and I look forward to posting more here on these forums. Seems like a good place to ask questions too.

EDIT: 3.5L

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so, no ideas? I can get it to do the wheel thing every time, but only over about 78mph and only when i try to go left.

·
Dain bramaged
7,329 Posts
(Captain Obvious) Well don't go over 75 or left (/Captain Obvious)

seriously.. check your tire balance and inflation.. Also check the wheel wells for any obvious signs that the tire is rubbing anything..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Every once in a while you can get a tire that is out of round, as well as what Veeb0rg suggested. If you know where the last set of tires was put on it, take it there and ask them to check that, if it is indeed out of round, then they ought to replace it as defective, even if they're older.

Also, check the suspension. May be something under there that warrents attention or could be the cause and solution to your problems :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks. i'll check all of those. i wouldn't have thought the tire might be out of round, but i had already planned on taking it by a dealer and getting the suspension checked. the tires look fairly new, but there's no documentation on them, so i guess i'll have to keep an eye on them and replace them soon.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
no need to go to a dealer for a suspension inspection, mineke (sp?) does it for free

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I had a vibration between 65-80 MPH, balanced my tires, no vibration

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.