DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was given a kicker 10" sub, don't know model off hand but if its relevant I can post them once I find out. I have a pioneer deh-p80mp headunit I installed a few weeks back. My 02 intrepid has the infinity premium package with 9 speakers and 240watt amp. my question is am i able to hook this sub directly up to the existing amp? or will i need to purchase a new one? and if so, will i be able to hook that amp into my existing one? I'm sorry for the noob questions, I am very experienced when it comes to electrical wiring, however I'm a computer tech, not a car audio expert, but I'm always willing to learn ;)

My deck I believe has 5v pre-outs and I printed out the radio wiring diagram from Mitchell OnDemand 5, however looking at the amp, I don't see any sort of wires that indicate where I can plug the sub into.

Thank you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
With the premium Infinity sound system you cannot just hook a new sub up to it. You'll have to replace the whole system. I don't remember if the Infinity speakers are 4 or 8ohm so it will depend on that as to whether or not you can use the existing speakers. The drawback is that you won't have the tuned signal processing with a new amp as you do with the Infinity amp so it won't sound the same. That's about the extent of my knowledge with the Infinity sound package so keep checkin back for other people's info.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
umm..no...the stock infinity speakers are 2 ohm..and you dont have to change out your speakers..but you will have to get an aftermarket subwoofer amp to power the sub...get it professionally installed if you have no idea what your doing...or you could try it yourself

·
Registered
242 Posts
Get another amp...You just need a good two channel and you can bridge the amp into one channel. This will give you more quality bass. Use the pre-outs on the deck if you can and buy an amp install kit, should come with a good size gauge cable to run from the batt back to the amp, plus a grounding cable, they should have the + fuse running in-line on the cable too. Rockford has a good install kit that is what I used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.