DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions but they all tie together so instead of making a bunch of threads i'll make this one and if anyone can help that'd be great!

1-I have keyless entry, and the sun sensor/theft light. I just programmed a new keyfob and since I have got the car the theft light does not blink, nor does it now that I lock the doors with the keyfob.
2-I just finnished making a Auto-light switch. Installed, but it does nothing different. And it is dark.

Anyone know if this means either my sun sensor/theft light is bad? I did the auto switch to a "T" and it seems to be exactly how it should be.

Anyways to test the sensor or theft light?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it has the atc. it also has the keyless, and the premium bcm. i opened the top of the dash and checked out the alarm light and sensor. both are wired, and the light has an led wired in. to me it seems like it is all there.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
RKE, ATC, and Premium BCM doesn't mean it has the factory alarm though... The factory alarm would arm on using the manual key lock on the drivers door (to either lock/arm or unlock/disarm), or with the remote... Try this.. Roll your drivers side window down, close the door and lock with the remote. Reach in, unlock the door, and open it. Did it set off an alarm? Try again, but this time lock the door with the key, and try it...

If you never get the horn going off, I doubt you have the factory alarm (or the BCM was modified or wiring otherwise changed to perminatly disable the system, a fairly easy thing to do)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k ill give it a try tomorrow. the horn does go off when i lock the doors with the remote...probably dont mean **** tho. i just dont get why the light would be there...maybe ill take a pic tomorrow and post it. but there is definatly a sun sensor...

·
15,449 Posts
Heh, that I don't know... I know that the fan in there will clog with dust and hair... Pull the facia off from above the glove box (um, a couple of screws and clips, I think) and you'll see a fan on it. Make sure the fan is clean and free to spin... Beyond that, I don't know... I'll see if I can find what a 26 means, I know it is listed on the forum here someplace...

Now that I spent the last hour and a quarter trying to find your codes on the forum, I go get my Haynes manual... and find that you ALREADY KNEW what the Haynes would tell me. *grins* HAHAHAHAHA Yea, try blowing it clean, and go from there. Pull the battery cable for a few minutes to clear the memory and see if it trips again after a few days...

·
15,449 Posts
k ill give it a try tomorrow. the horn does go off when i lock the doors with the remote...probably dont mean **** tho. i just dont get why the light would be there...maybe ill take a pic tomorrow and post it. but there is definatly a sun sensor...
The horn will honk when you lock the doors with the remote... The sun sensor doesn't always indicate factory alarm. Maybe it doesn't have a light?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i went and took off the cover, it was dusty as ****. blew it out. put it back on, and tried the light switch and covered the sun sensor. imidiatly the fan went into high gear.....still cold here. so im guessing that did something. still wanna know if i have the alarm or not. i tried looking but couldnt find out how u can tell if you do. i tried the door thing to. but it did nothing. so either i don't have it, or it is shut off or i need to reset it.

·
15,449 Posts
Maybe someone installed a junk yard unit with a light because the sun sensor they had failed? I don't know it could be your car was set up for it, but never activated at the dealer. One other thing you could check is by pulling the drivers interior door panel, and looking at the lock mechanism. I don't know WHERE it is, but there will be a switch somewhere on the key activated lock rods... I think it is mounted to either the electric lock motor, or to the tumblers... if your car has that, you are set up for factory alarm... if it does NOT have those, you are NOT set up for factory alarm, regardless of what the sun sensor has...

Of course, there are probably other ways to tell too... like, take your vin to a local Dodge dealer and have them look it up for you... (just thougt of that myself, should work)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
well the easiest way to test if the alarm is working is to leave the window open and unlock the door via the switch (not talking about the button or the remote) and open the door from the outside and see if it goes off. hope you get what I mean...

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
If the sun sensor is in the car the auto headlight switch should work. Maybe the switch is bad

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i tried doing a test with a test light to see if there was power going to the led, and i found that there is no power on any of the lines going to the sun sensor or alarm led. dont know what to do now. all the wires are all taped and dont really wanna mess around too much with it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
and i still have yet to find an explanation of code 26 other then that its 26 ATC In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor lol. which really doesnt help much.
doesnt that mean it's the sensor that in the ATC head?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a 2nd Gen Intrepid so I don’t know if this applies to your 1st Gen.
Hope this is of some help.

1-I have keyless entry, and the sun sensor/theft light. I just programmed a new keyfob and since I have got the car the theft light does not blink, nor does it now that I lock the doors with the keyfob.
Did you re-program the old keyfob?
If you don't, the original FOB will lose its code, leaving just the new one programmed.

and i still have yet to find an explanation of code 26 other then that its 26 ATC In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor lol. which really doesnt help much.
The Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) in car temperature sensor is made up of two parts. One part is the in-car sensor aspirator motor assembly, and the second part is a temperature thermistor. The in-car sensor aspirator motor assembly, attached to the back of the ATC Control head assembly, is a small fan and motor which draws air through the intake on the front of the ATC control (1). The in-car sensor thermistor is located inside of the ATC Control Head. The in-car sensor aspirator motor and the in-car temperature sensor thermistor are part of the ATC Control and not separate serviceable parts. One must replace the ATC Control if the ATC self-diagnostics indicates a fault code.

(1) "If there is a code indicating the problem is with the in-car ambient temp sensor, test the sensor's fan by turning on the system and placing a small section of a tissue over the grille opening on the A/C control unit.
If the tissue stays in place the fan is working.
"If the tissue won't stay in place, the fan is not running, and ATC Control head assembly needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 2nd Gen Intrepid so I don’t know if this applies to your 1st Gen.
Hope this is of some help.

Did you re-program the old keyfob?
If you don't, the original FOB will lose its code, leaving just the new one programmed.

I didn't get one when i got the car. So i pocketed one from an LHS at the yard. I don't fully understand what you mean though. Sorry.

As for the code i opened up where the in car fan is and cleaned it and the code is gone.

P.S.

Thanks for the great reply. Really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts