DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my 97 3.5 to the dealer for an oil change and asked them to check if the tranny mount was shot....because of my clunking when shifting gears....and they told me that the tranny mount was fine but that I needed 2 new craddle bushings. I thought he ment engine cradle but he said no the other cradle....What the Hell is the Other cradle??? Can anyone tell me??

They also quoted me $80 per bushing and at least 2-3 hours labour to replace the two of them, does that seem reasonable??

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Eather he is being a smartass or he is talking about the rear suspention mount. I do all my own work on my car, but If I did take it to someone and they told me something was wrong I would ask them to show me what they are talking about.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left the car with them for some minor work while I was at work when I got back to pick it up the place was closed so I couldn't get them to show me.

I called around the local parts places (NAPA, Carquest, etc.) and none of them showed a listing for a craddle bushing...infact one of the guys who I usually deal with (seems to be a pretty good knowledgeable guy) assures me that there is NO SUCH THING as a craddle bushing on my car... WTF is with that????

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
It is a dealer part only. And no offence but the guy you usualy deal with is a total dumbass if he thinks there is no such thing as a craddle bushing on a front wheel drive car.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
The "craddle" is actually a sub assembly that holds the engine, transmission and front suspension on the LH series. It is bolted to the body of the vehicle through the "cradle bushings".

cheers

BJ

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Hey, bobs96ES

You have anymore pics of your headlamp assemblies you got done on ur 96 ES?, Looks sweet!, :)

LUROC

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ya they look hot on the first gen.... i remember seeing the setup a while back, they are 90mm hellas with a custom rav 4 front lens. its quite the setup. Nice work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts