DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i notice the crankshaft pulley wobble .... what could be the problem?????i notice wear on the belt from the inside side

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
A slight amount of wobble on the pulley/harmonic-balancer is not uncommon.

The flexible component of the pulley may be deteriorated/deteriorating - replace the pulley if the wobble is excessive.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well is just a little wobble. Soo a little wobble is allright? I replace the belt 3 days ago n it looks OK ..

Sent from my SCH-M828C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
A little wobble is intrinsic. If it's real bad then replace it, otherwise it's fine.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok now the i think the idle pulley is eating the serpentine belt. Because is olny tearing from the outside of the belt ... could this be possible.. the idle pulley is only pulley the drives the belt feom the outside right?

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
Ok now the i think the idle pulley is eating the serpentine belt. Because is olny tearing from the outside of the belt ... could this be possible...
Yep. If the belt is getting damaged on the edge, make sure it's not rubbing against something. Otherwise, it sounds like the pulley bearing is trying to lock up. Usually it would have been making a lot of noise long before now though. Take the belt off (you need to replace it anyway) and see if the pulley is hard to turn or feels rough when it turns - usually the bearing grease gets flung out so the bearing is running dry. Don't try to re-grease it - replace with new.

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
The pictures aren't clear enough to tell anything. Without being able to see any real damage to the belt, what we're seeing could be normal shine from the belt continually riding over the tenseioner pulley. Do you see more than shiny surface on the back of the belt?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No i just change the the belt like 4 days ago . I think the problem is the idle pulley ... which other pulley can do damage to the top of the belt??? The idle is the only 1 the drives the belt feom top right..?

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
...The idle is the only 1 the drives the belt feom top right..?...
Yes (actually that pulley is driven by the belt, but I know what you mean).

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you see any wear on the belt?? To day i notice like gray powder... i belive is comming from the idle pulley ....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts