DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, mainly Crank pully stuff, but I'll get to that in a minute.

The crankshaft pully/vibration damper (someone correct me on which term is correct on these cars) on my '94 3.5L trep is warped. I'd guess a good 1/4 front and back when running. It's wearing the belts badly.

My stock pully had a 1/2 inch gouge in it from when the previous owners tried to yank it with a screw driver or something. I discovered it when I replaced the water pump (they replaced the timing belt, tensioner, and Crankshaft Oil seal, but didn't replace the water pump or even bother to clean up the sludge thrown all over the inner housing). At the time, we had a downed trep sitting in the garage, so I threw the pully from that one in and ran it.

My suspicion is that running the bad pully is contributing to my oil pump failure (yeah, remember the oil sending unit that went bad? the replacement is flickering) and increasingly bad engine preformance. What are your thoughts? Would a warped pully contribute to rapid engine degeneration? Could it cause my crankshaft to walk?

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
I could definatly cause issues.. if its wobblin, its creating vibrations.. and viberations are bad..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts