DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't mention this before, but last week I had a small accident with the trep on the way to school. Normally I wouldn't be worried because it didn't look unfixable, only noticeable damage what that the left front tire was popped, the problem is there are two reasons for why the car was peeing on the road afterwards, either I punctured the gas tank, or the fuel line got snagged and ripped off or something. It only looks like four bucks worth of car piss on the road, so it might've only been the fuel line. My uncle sent a wrecker to come and get it from Flemington Autobody (where the police sent the car), and I probably will not hear back from him until next week while my dad is out of town. Worst case scenario is something in the undercarriage was damaged enough to total the car, and then I won't be able to go to Carlisle, unless my gf's father lets me borrow his '95 'Corde (not likely) or his '02 Grand Caravan (also not likely, even if I wanted to :p). I just know that with my luck, I'm ****ed. There wasn't any oil leaking, so I can hope the oil wasn't damaged... but there is still the unibody frame, the exhaust system, the rocker panels, and anything else that might be bent out of shape from initial impact, and then reimpact with the road that was hard enough to bust the tire (brand new tire, not even 3,000 miles). SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT I'm a dumbass.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had hit a contractors trailor (the kind they transport backhoes with) in my neighborhood early in the morning, the right side of the car went up the trailor, and then landed in the oncoming lane (was my neighborhood, so there was no traffic). i would give more details but everytime i do i realize how stupid i was and get more and more depressed. lets just say it was the scariest experience of my life. i can only hope the damage was limited and i can still take it to carlisle, but that never happens with me, it always is worse than it seems, not seems worse than it is

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright i guess i won't be able to attend carlisle again, the estimate could reach 7k, and i have three values out of kelley blue book www.kbb.com for a 2001 ES with the 3.2L multi-cd, leather, power seats, alloys, moonroof etc. listed in good condition (probably not what my insurance will see it as), the trade-in value came to more than 5 grand, the private party value came to something like 7200, and the retail value came to more than 10 grand, and considering the insurance companies have a lower blue book value than those, i screwed myself.

let me know how the show goes ok? im pretty sure a sentra wont be let on the fun field (new car arbitrary, just picked some random shitty car if i can afford a replacement)

God saved me from getting hurt, so i'm thankful for at least that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts