1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
That guy got what he ****ing deserved. She should have shot him a couple more times. First he doesn't pull over right away (BIG ****ING MISTAKE). Then he just ignores more than half the **** she says (probably cause she is female).

I bet he **** his drawers when she actually had the balls to shoot him. Good for her!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Whoa, that's a tough officer.

The guys was the biggest F***king dumbass for resisting arrest. Why would you want to mess with someone who's got a gun? and who can call for backup anytime.

The sound of the shot didn't quite make it into the mic though. Did she shoot him in the arm or something so there wasn't too much damage?

Edit: just read the article. Her forces are a bit excessive now that I remembered there's always peper spray and a baton available. She is lacking in experience and you can sort of tell from the way she talked. She seemed to loose her calm at times. But in the end, she did the right thing.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
good...she should have shot him...he ****in deserved it

edit: i think if you run from a cop, you should be shot anyway...cuz obviously you did something you shouldn't have...and thats why cops aren't respected, because anytime a cop uses their firearm, everyone in the city calls it excessive force or police brutality...so most of the time, they are afraid to use it

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Did any of you read the D.A. statement? Interesting reading. To make a long story short.... he felt that the cop was out of line in shooting the kid. He said she should have used either peppar spray or used the baton stick before reaching for her gun. However... he concluded saying that he would not charge her because he considered it a "rookie mistake" and she made a split second decision and shouldn't be punished for it since she didnt kill him.

I think she shot him in the leg since he went right down... best place to shoot somebody if you have to disable them.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
So the kid was on something and couldn't think straight and she shot him. In talking to the police officers I know, shooting is the absolute last resort and only to be used in protecting their own life or the life of others. She could have taken that punk with her bare hands. I don't think the shooting was justified.

Resisting arrest does not make it ok for someone to shoot you. I'm not saying that the bonehead is doing the right thing, but just because he was being stupid doesn't warrant being shot. If that's the case, there would be a lot of shot up people around.

Why didn't she call for backup from the start anyways? I thought it was pretty much common procedure when it's apparent that there is going to be a sobriety test.

Also, running from the police, as long as the person is not breaking the law while doing so, is not against the law in itself. It is perfectly logical for people to be afraid of the police. I bet every one of us hits the brakes when they see a police officer, even though we aren't speeding or changes the way they drive when there is a police car behind them. We are all programmed to have some kind of fear of the police. The Supreme Court has already ruled that running away from the police in a legal manner is not probable cause let alone cause to shoot someone (not referring to this case, but Irishred's generalization that people who run deserves to be shot).

·
9,861 Posts
She was threatening to shoot him many times. If she didn't have that badge, she would be charged with a crime.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
FUNNY< LOL

ALi

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's somebody definitely not in control of the situation. I hope she got a harsh reprimand.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Are there any non-Real Media players that will play .rm's? Real Networks sucks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
She could have taken that punk with her bare hands.
Umm...were we watching the same video? Did you see how many times she tried to handcuff him, and how many times he just shrugged it off. I really doubt she could have "taken" him. Police training or not.

Also, running from the police, as long as the person is not breaking the law while doing so, is not against the law in itself.
Really? Evading the police isn't a crime? It sure as hell is in my town. If they want to question you, and you run, that's a crime. And in the case of the video, if she was trying to arrest him for a DUI and he ran, that is definitely a crime.

·
9,861 Posts
Evading the police is a crime, but nothing worth posibly killing him over.

·
Registered
340 Posts
In France I believe they give you 2 whistle tweets to stop and bang your dead. :biggrin: The dood could've ran in his truck and pulled out a gun or drive into oncoming traffic and kill other peeps ...perfectly reasonable for the cop to open fire.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
hypnos said:
Evading the police is a crime, but nothing worth posibly killing him over.

Shooting someone doesn't mean you have the "intent to kill". Shoot him in the leg... that will do the job. I think she did just fine.

Remember... its easy for us to say "she could have done something different". But no disrespect... she is female... and didnt look too big (maybe 5'5" tops). He was resisting arrest, struggling with her. He can easily overpower her... especially being high and drunk. She doesn't shoot him to disable him, he can easily reach for her gun and shoot her - to kill.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Thats why they have have something called back up. Why did she not call for it. And firing at some one when they are running away is not a threat to the cop. She is very lucky she did not hit him in the back.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
By time back up gets there he could have ran away in the truck or killed her. Ya she could have use the pepper spray but it was a split second decision and she prob. had her hand on her gun anyway. And Running away from the police is a crime.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts