DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a while ago, but Faction (Sirius-20) just reminded me of it.

It's not unusual for me to tail people while driving, and I normally go 5-10 sometimes 15 mph over the limit if I'm on a wide open road and can tell there are no places for a cherry-top to hide (only got caught once). Well, when people are not going that fast, I tail them until there is an opening to pass. This happen probably a few weekends ago, where I was tailing a group of girls in a silver Buick Regal. There weren't any openings for about five miles, so I was just cruising behind them the whole time. The opening came, and I flipped on my left signal, dropped it into "3" and got the pedal intimately acquainted with the floor. As I'm passing the girls (I think the ugliest was a 9), the driver bestows upon me the famed one-finger salute. Well, I know already that I am an asshole, so as I'm passing them, I look directly at her, smile brightly, and wave excitedly like she was my best friend since third grade. That's not the funny part though... Sirius just reminded me of the event because it had been blasting "Crazy *****" by Buckcherry out of my open windows through the kappas and MTX's as I passed her.

Later on down the road I hit slower traffic again, and the crazy ***** caught back up to me, and flashed her high-beams a couple times at me. I just looked at the rear-view and grinned mischeviously.

Good times, eh?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Having driven on many two lane highways and having to pass people up, I do know what you mean and don't see a dang thing wrong with what you did. There are just people out there that just don't know the rules of the road, especially those who grow up in cities. I usually only drive 5 over so I don't have to pass all that often, but if there's anyone who wanted to pass me up, I gladly will stay to the right to motion to them that I know they are there and I'm yielding for them so whenever traffic is clear, "GO FOR IT!" I hate people who aren't courteous on these two lane highways.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Hate that. I was on my way to school one day and was going 50 in a 45, some girl pulls out in front of me, no big deal, let her go, but she was going 35, so I tailed her for awhile. Her friend turned around and stared at me, oh well I let it go. Then she looked up in the rearview and flicked me off. I just smiled. I do have tt say tho, it kinda put me in a pissy mood the rest of the day.

My favorite of those kinds of stories is when a little old lady looked out the passenger window while flicking me off.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Smc1377
There are just people out there that just don't know the rules of the road, especially those who grow up in cities.

Think before you pass judgement on people who live in cities and get some facts to back them up. first off in my opion and what i do for a living i see stats but i also see the out come of drivers. Ill have to disagree with you people that do drive and learn to drive in the city are a bit better drivers then suburban drivers for many reasons 1st small roads, 2nd unknown people walking running playing in traffic, parked cars oon the right side of the road and then on side streets you have to fit two cars coming head on with parked cars on both sides. take a look at stats you will see that more accidents accur outside city limits then in a actual city with most being MAJOR crashes. inner city most being fender benders side swipes and such. i could go on but i dont want to hijack. inturn i disagree with you statement. look at the factors in favor of suburban driving verses the obsticles city people have to deal with.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
you should of killed her, and her friends.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I did something similar in rush hour traffic once... but this car was in the fast lane doing 45 in a 65. I pulled my shorts down and mooned them while passing. I had on cruise control, and a good eye on the road. After arriving at my destination, guess who pulled up. It was the car.... also known as the cousin of the guy I was hangin out with.... That was really awkward. She said she was changing CDs and didnt realize how slow she was going. Also noted "You have a really white Butt".

On another note, I think the city drivers are the better drivers too.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JoeKD said:
Ok, I call BS :bsflag:

Everyone knows that 20 is octane and faction is 28 :grinyes:
Whoops, my bad. Hah I have Octane on in the car all the time, and switch between Octane, Faction, Buzzsaw, and Hits 1 all the time online, hehe.

Romeo, LMFAO! I'd be too afraid of hitting the steering wheel the wrong way if I tried to do that, but I HAVE been a passenger in car doing that... at another friend in another car though haha.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
yea rules of the road isnt the basic rule fast lane is far left and slow lane is far right so if your in the fast lane and a guy pulls up behind you.switch lanes so he doesnt cutt of others.lol
also work for me flash twice and they seem to move and or get pist at the same time

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Awkward or not Romeo, the fault of from the other driver. If someone has to pass you on the right, he/she is at fault. She was hogging the passing lane and she got the moon!! :00000014:

I do not agree with fast lane or slow lane. The terms are the basic problem.
So if someone is driving 10 over in the passing lane he/she can just stay there?? Wrong. Drive on the right, pass on the left.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the way it is in NJ... at least until you encounter an old, or a Masshole..., or those two combined in a minivan who encounter a circle and stop completely when they have the right of way grrrrr!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
hey, as a masshole I take offense to that...... I can't stand when people cruise in the passing lane like it's a sunday drive.... now that I think about it, there's quite a few people here that do that....... ****, maybe that is a good stereotype

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, but I hate it when people go 10 mph under the posted limit. It pisses me off. Especially when they drive a Regal GS (supercharged 3800).

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could have mentioned the "10 mph under the posted limit" in the beginning.......

.....Also, you didn't need to say you drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit. It's irrelevant.

You should write for the NY Times.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
BenHertz said:
You could have mentioned the "10 mph under the posted limit" in the beginning.......

.....Also, you didn't need to say you drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit. It's irrelevant.

You should write for the NY Times.
irrelevant? lol, compare your comments to the rest of the post.

PS. you shouldnt write at all

·
Registered
272 Posts
You tailgate her, she flips you off, and you come here and tell the story? To a board for a car you don't even own?

Whata loser you are! :9lame:

I guess I am too for replying.

She could have blasted past you with that Regal GS. :silly:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You mean a car that I used to own. Two actually. And one that I can borrow if my car ends up in my uncles body shop overnight for any reason at all (which it might when I get around to digging up a new rear bumper cover). I also told it on a GP forum. In fact, no one over there flamed it for no reason like you did. The story was told because "the bird" rarely makes an appearance, and the song being played (Crazy *****, by Buckcherry, if you didn't guess already) at the time was just too coincidental, so I guess you get the bird so much that you tell a story when it doesn't happen?

So you are correct sir, you are a loser. For that, and also for looking back in the forum to find this old thread and flame it.

Could she have blasted me? Absolutely and positively, without a shadow of a doubt, yes. I think that was implied when I said "supercharged GS", but I suppose some people feel compelled to repeat such known information in an insulting manner in order to make themselves feel special. Do you feel special now? Oh I do hope you do, for it would be a shame if you didn't.

Reactions: Mr.Dodge
1 - 20 of 24 Posts