DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, my local Chrysler dealer got in two Crossfires and both sold before I could get in for a test drive. The one on the showroom floor was the first black one I'd seen. The only thing I didn't like about it was the "sold" sticker under the wiper!

They had a red automatic and the black was a stick. The sales guy told me some guy from Denver bought the black one. Are these cars that hard to get, or maybe he was visiting in the area and decided to buy a car while he was here? Hmmmm... he hasn't picked it up yet.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Haven't seen any out here on the Island ...but we're usaully the last to get anything!!

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
A lot of dealers are putting markups on those cars, so people are searching from around the country for a dealer that will sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm surprised the makers let dealers mark up cars like that. I doubt if D/C will see any of the extra profit.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
ChicagoTRS said:
I have seen some on dealer lots around Chicago...wait a few months...they will be plentiful and no longer sold at premium (marked up) prices.
YEAH RIGHT!!! I work at the local dealership in town, and we only get 2 this year....aloing with every other dealership in the area. Were only selling the red one. The second we get in will goto the owner.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
IceShaver511 said:
They are hard to come by around me, Ive been to a bunch of dealers between Boston and Cape Cod, and have only seen 1 red one, but I like it.
There was a silver one at Randolph Chrysler ... not sure if they sold it but it was there last week.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
RapidTransit said:
Damn, my local Chrysler dealer got in two Crossfires and both sold before I could get in for a test drive.
Unless you got insider friends at the dealership good luck getting a test drive. They don't need to devalue stock by letting people test drive cars when they can sell them without test drives.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I just saw one being unloaded yesterday and there were a few people who looked like they could and would buy one staring at it sitting there on the trailer.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i saw one in the showroom at allen mello in tewksbury, ma a couple weeks ago. didn't see a second though

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, I could be wrong but I beleive you guys are looking at cars that are in the $80K range (Canadian) or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Crossfire sold before I could test drive it

alderran said:
Unless you got insider friends at the dealership good luck getting a test drive. They don't need to devalue stock by letting people test drive cars when they can sell them without test drives.
That brings up another question... Why on earth would someone buy an all-new vehicle without test driving it? Be like ordering something at an expensive restaurant without knowing if you'll like the taste. Stoopid, IMO. Like marrying a gal without kickin' the tires. ;) Sure it's pretty and sounds like it ought to be "the ****," but I'm gonna see how she corners and slap her on the ass-dyno before I plunk down the hard-earned.

·
Registered
910 Posts
scottwoos02RT said:
Well, I could be wrong but I beleive you guys are looking at cars that are in the $80K range (Canadian) or am I mistaken?
They start @ $47,000 Canadian, But like Jus' Trepping says we are the last people to get anything. Not that I would buy one though.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Crossfire sold before I could test drive it

RapidTransit said:
That brings up another question... Why on earth would someone buy an all-new vehicle without test driving it? Be like ordering something at an expensive restaurant without knowing if you'll like the taste. Stoopid, IMO. Like marrying a gal without kickin' the tires. ;) Sure it's pretty and sounds like it ought to be "the ****," but I'm gonna see how she corners and slap her on the ass-dyno before I plunk down the hard-earned.
I wouldn't buy a car that I didn't test drive myself but there are people who would do it. I also wouldn't sleep on the street over night just to get tickets for a sporting event but there again are people who would do it....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I suspect that if he came in from out of town to buy it, he has enough cash on hand.

I doubt that test driving is high on his list. If he doesn't like it, I'm sure he can just garage it, or resell it quickly.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Al Brookdale Chrysler has a red on on the show floor with a $5,000 mark up. Roseville Chrysler has 3 Crossfire`s Black, Sliver and sliver blue with $2,000 mark ups. I got to sit in the black one with a stick and drive it around the parking lot. I know Bill the lot man. He has driven both auto `s and sticks. He said the auto seem to feel like a 300M and the stick one seems much faster. Nice cars but i rather have a $20,000 SRT 4 and save the the extra cash.

·
Registered
217 Posts
All I want is an 06 "Charger R/T" w/a big V8 w/rearwheel drive w/a body just like my "trep"

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
scottwoos02RT said:
All I want is an 06 "Charger R/T" w/a big V8 w/rearwheel drive
Amen to that brotha! I hope that concept design stays put, that thing was sweet (but would probably take away from Viper sales so they probably won't do it :()

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Al Brookdale Chrysler has a red on on the show floor with a $5,000 mark up. Roseville Chrysler has 3 Crossfire`s Black, Sliver and sliver blue with $2,000 mark ups.
if these are already harder to find I'm surprised the mark-up isn't higher, PT's had a greater mark-up during their high times

1 - 20 of 28 Posts