DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the article for the production spec Crossfire...only looks a little different from the original concept (the headlights mostly)

But the big news is that isn't using the supercharged 2.7 like the concept did.

It's using a Mercedes Benz 3.2!!! ACK!!!

Here's the article:

Production Crossfire

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The MB 3.2L V6 eh? That isn't a bad thing at all. Leaves room for the AMG 3.2L supercharged V6 (Mercedes Benz C32 AMG) that cranks out almost 400hp.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Pretty cool looking. The interior would look better if it was black/grey 2 tone leather instead of that fugly brownish tan color. You can definitely tell it got its front grille from the MB.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by LHSer:
The MB 3.2L V6 eh? That isn't a bad thing at all. Leaves room for the AMG 3.2L supercharged V6 (Mercedes Benz C32 AMG) that cranks out almost 400hp.

No admittedly it's not a bad thing. But, I think it just lost it's charm for me. It's basically just a rebadged MB. Noted, MB has much more prestige then Chrysler...but I guess I'm upset that Chrysler's heritage has gone by the wayside. Not to mention that they couldn't build this in the US, we could use the jobs.

I'm sure it's going to kick ass either way. I shouldn't complain to much...we are getting MB components on the LX and we are excited about it. But the powerplant is the heart of a car to me. I know so many manufacturers use other companies engines and vice versa...I was kinda hoping they were going to use a Chrysler engine though on the Crossfire. Oh wellsie. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
There was an article on the car in my local paper and it stated that the car is going to be 8 inches shorter than a Ford Focus hatchback. The Crossfire is going to be small and fast as hell. It should give the Miata a run for its money if the price stays in the same ballpark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts