DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading somewhere before that Chryslers were known for not having the ability to hold a speed on cruise above 85 mph (For a set reason of course). So tonight on my way home from work I tested that theory out...and sure enough I set the truck at 90 and it backed down to 85, I tested this 3 times and every time it went back down to 85 and held it.

Now before anyone gets their pants all messed up, this was on an open highway with barely any cars and it was 3 am. And I only did this to test this theory out and slowed back down to a safe speed.

So my question is: does this apply to the Intrepids also? I imagine it applies to all the trucks though.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Yep, I mentioned it in THIS THREAD, and it seems like I've heard it from others as well. I found it rather odd the DC would choose that speed as a limit for the cruise... Oh well. Not a big deal I suppose.

Like Joe said, 85 is no big deal....it's an everyday thing on my way to work. I just don't get to stay at that speed for long with the increase of traffic over the years here in SLC!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think almost all Chryslers wont let you set it above 85MPH. Even our 1993 Mercury Capri wont let you go past 85 in cruise.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Older Dodges did not have one. In my 75 Charger one time. Going on hwy 95 South bound from DC to Norfolk VA. i set it at 105 mph and went about 3 miles that way. I am not sure when they started to set the 85 mph limiter on them.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JoeKD said:
yes, the intrepids and 300M's have the same 85MPH limit on cruise control

why is it a big deal that you were driving 85 mph? I do that every day on my commute to work :confused:

There's troopers that crawl all over here, especially ones in Camaros. And my shiny red truck blowing past everyone in the left hand lane is an easy target.

Besides this is a truck, not a car.....85 and up felt safer in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts