DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Intrepid that I recently purchased. It is an SE with the 2.7. Cruise does not work, and the previous owner said it had not worked since the motor was replaced.

I do not know the previous owner personally, so I am not positive if the motor swap actually is related or if he just felt like it was an easy out for why it doesn't work. A proper motor replacement shouldn't have caused the cruise to stop working.

Before I replace test the brake light switch, clock spring, steering wheel switches, etc, I thought I would try to find out how many parts are required for the cruise to work. Are there wires that could have been left disconnected at the time of the motor replacement? What other parts would cause it not to work?

At this point, no lights turn on for the cruise, except when I do the dash light test that runs through all of the lights etc on the gauge cluster. Otherwise, it doesn't light up when I turn the key or when I push the on/off on the steering wheel.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
fuses and the relay for it are a start.
checked them yet?
ronbos link gives you the whole manual to figure things out with.
is there even a cruise control servo under the hood?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts