DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a very odd issue, my cruise control will come on (light) some times when I press it and some times not, when I press the button and it does come on I can set the car to cruise but the first but or anyting and it unsets itself. If I attempt to reset it, light still on, it wont set and the light goes off and I can not turn light back on until several restarts of the car. I dont know if this is a PCM going haywire, the faulty switches know in these cars or what. The actual vacuum that connects to the throttle body via cable has been replaced a long time ago. And the break switch is new. This started before the break switch. Any ideas?

2.7L Intrepid ES Vin type: R

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Slight update, I changed the servo unit under the hood that actually pulls on the throttle body (2nd time changing) First time this cruise control issue happened years ago I changed it out with a 300M servo and this thing still poked its head up. Found out brake lights were staying on, switched out brake switch and all was good. Now I put another switch in, even though the lights are not staying on, and have tested. So far so good. So change your $15.00 stoplight switch SL796 <-- Napa auto parts number before replacing servo unit under the hood. Also as a note to test if you have vacuum correctly at the servo just remove the vacuum hose off the servo and you will hear a depressurization sound. If not then you may have a leak. Anyway if you dont hear back from me then it was my brake switch, again! I also suspected it was my alarms remote start (after market crime stopper cs-2005FM press the brake kill the engine) feature malfunctioning since the alarm was doing other weird stuff like popping my trunk randomly while driving. So I disconnected it and still had same issue. Now new brake switch and alarm is hooked back up. Ill let you know if it pokes its head up again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts