DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright - In my last car (2001 Honda Civic) and in my GFs car (1991 Acura Integra) you can set the cruise at a min. of 25mph. I know in the Civic I could set it at about 99mph max, not that I ever did, but I could.
Anyhow.....
Is there a way to make it so I can set the cruise at anything below 35mph? and/or above 85mph?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live right in a school zone so its 25mph all around my house, but not hardly any stops, so its much easier. I dont really need to set it over 85... just wondered if that could be done really...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
id like that too... there is a wide open road with a 30mph speed limit near me that is the worlds biggest speed trap. Its a tiny town whos biggest source of income is seriously traffic tickets.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ same with me, but its a 25 4 lane, no stops. has a high school, middle school, 2 elementrys, and a kindergarden! then there is another elementry 2 blocks away from me!

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Dr5D said:
^^^ same with me, but its a 25 4 lane, no stops. has a high school, middle school, 2 elementrys, and a kindergarden! then there is another elementry 2 blocks away from me!
imo, in an enviroment like that (tons of kids around) you probably shouldn't have the cruise on anyways. unless of course your driving through there after hours.

i don't think there would be any easy way to lower the min cruise set speed tho....

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
they prolly just have it regulated lower in the computer. I really doubt a dealer would even modify that.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Dr5D said:
so whats the deal here

No deal...just how Chrysler set the cruise control. Basically it's worthless to set cruise on anything under 35. Yes the road might be long but using cruise in city driving is not recommended.

I think newer Chryslers will let you set it at 25 or so. I'll have to check on G-mas 01 Stratus.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Dr5D said:
hmmm, I should stick an accord ecu in there or somthing...

LOL.....:hehe:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well at least you saw the humor in that....
but if there are newer versions of our cars I would be very interested in getting the cruise part of its brain!!!

any other thoughts?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I don't think you can just take the cruise part of the brain.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dunno....my wife took 'cruisin' outa my brain a long time ago..... :)

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
97silvertrep said:
I dunno....my wife took 'cruisin' outa my brain a long time ago..... :)
lol :hehe:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts