DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
HEH, the guys in my local car club (4-cyl's with fart cannons) are all afraid right now :p

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
guynlidia2006 said:
I think that is crazy.... Impound it and charge an arm and a leg to get it back...
Why, so they can race again and give them anouther chance to kill somebody or themselfs? I am usualy against the government stuff like this but I think this is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
good riddance. Street racing is stupid. Innocent people getting killed. As for the racers (or ricers) since they are dumb enough to illegally street race in the first place, they deserve to die, or at least their cars. Crush em, cube em', scrap em' and make me a new toaster!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have to support this 100% for many reasons but...

"Street racing has killed 34 people in the Greater Toronto Area since 1999, including a couple who stumbled upon a race on Toronto's central Yonge St. when returning from their 17th wedding anniversary celebration."

This incident (NOT an accident) happened at Yonge St. and Stouffville Rd. the couple were southbound on Yonge turning left onto Stouffville, the racers were northbound @150km/h, limit is 80km/h and drops to 60 only ~200meters further. One drove right through the couple's car. I mean literally "through" the car. The couple never had a chance.

I make this same left turn daily, the piles of flowers and gifts lay against a junction box on the north-east side where most of the wreckage landed. This 'incident' was plastered all over the papers and sparked some harsh measures.

IT'S ABOUT TIME !!!

Kudos to Markham for making the first move, now let's see this treatment spread far and wide.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
gary680 said:
don't you know that laws promote illegal activity? doing this will only increase the desire to race
Street racing has always been illegal, only the punishment has changed.

I think these cars should be collected for "Race-Crusher" events. Hell I'd pay good money to watch several perfectly good "pride and joys" get mashed because the owners were irresponsible.

PS- in Canada you may forfeit your car, boat and everything in them for fishing/hunting out of season or without appropriate licencing.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
is it also true you can't own a hand gun in canada. i know you can have rifles due to hunting. i have a friend in edmonton...
No, we can still have handguns but the regulations, laws, training, storage, transportation regs, and usage make it fairly impractical unless you're really an enthusiast.

And, yeah... handguns were never meant for hunting (animals).

Edit: After some more thought...
I think the public (for a few $$) should get in a few whacks with a sledge hammer, with the hood opened, before the thing is turned over to the crushinator... and of course, make the offender responsible for removal/ disposal of the debris.

·
Registered
997 Posts
"One, a 1995 blue Honda Civic, was taken after an officer caught a 23-year-old man racing at a over 180 km/hr on a Markham street. The vehicle, outfitted with a TV screen and video game console on the dashboard, was registered to the racer's mother."

LOL

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nathan Clarke said:
"One, a 1995 blue Honda Civic, was taken after an officer caught a 23-year-old man racing at a over 180 km/hr on a Markham street. The vehicle, outfitted with a TV screen and video game console on the dashboard, was registered to the racer's mother."

LOL
23 and the owners is his mom lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
I hope this doesnt reach The U.S. From the street stories section alot of treps may get destroyed from harmless fun. I think racing is fine as long as its an open road and you dont put anybody else in danger.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Vertigo_AK47 said:
I hope this doesnt reach The U.S. From the street stories section alot of treps may get destroyed from harmless fun. I think racing is fine as long as its an open road and you dont put anybody else in danger.
no not really cause this is for entertainment purpose only. how can this be proven in a court.if they dont have solid proof this is a real story

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.