DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got off my ass and completely cleaned out and organized my shed/shop/laundry.

You will notice only half of the shop is shown in the pics that's because the other half is the laundry and i didn't think anyone would care to see that lol.

I plan on building a work bench from the far wall up to the compressor that will be tall enough to keep the shelves where they are now.

For now though this is where im at with it.

First i used one half of a Moog tie-rod bushing as a grommet for my air line to pass through the front of the shed and a hook to coil the hose on.

Next i added an air conditioner my bro gave to me that was a perfect fit for that little window.

Running the ac to cool it off and pull out the humidity has made a big difference in how much condensation im getting in my tank and the air line.

The Dolphins locker is my air tool storage.

And the rest of my implements of destruction lol.

Still lots more to do yet but i will get there soon enough i hope lol.

·
Registered
14,855 Posts
Cool beans, I always say "Make the most of what you got". The area maybe a tad small but you've got it laid out well.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holy damn....nice shop for a tool shed
Thanks man.

Nice organized space.

I hate my PVC air hose.
To be honest with you im not to happy with mine ether way to stiff.

Cool beans, I always say "Make the most of what you got". The area maybe a tad small but you've got it laid out well.
As far as the size goes it could be a little bit larger but i think once i get the bench built it should be just about right.

I approve! LOL
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the time and the few parts i needed to run my air lines from my shop through my Florida room up to the door a few feet away from where the car sits.

One thing iv noticed after adding the water trap that my compressor must be very happy in my shed because i am not seeing any moister through the sight glass durring or after use.

I still need to get ah different regulator because the one on there now is piece of **** and needs to go to the dump.

And If you guys that use air tools are sick of stiff rubber or pvc hose get one of these Flexzilla hoses and i think you will be as impressed as i am with it.

Just plugging it into your air supply will instantly knock out any kinks or tight loops and it will pull and lay out straight just by dragging it where you need it and they are very light wieght.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=legacy mfg&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCkQjBAwBA&url=http://www.legacymfg.com/products/dynamic/results.asp?ProductCode2=B25A0&ei=qzhAUM2RD8eGyQHQs4HoBg&usg=AFQjCNEZ1QikDS2cbUR4KgF8TmueMRutzQ

This is the eBay listing i got mine from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180733079884?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Cean and its ok i forgot that i even posted recently in this thread lol.

Added an idea i had for storing my air line today and all it took was five long trim nails.

This ended up working better then i anticipated because after putting the air line up the first time i found out that by grabbing the end of the line and walking away with it it laid itself out loop by loop perfectly.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i think im done now with my air setup,

Replaced all my quick connect fittings with stainless steel/aluminum and added a stainless steel ball valve and new regulator.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Looks nice. The way you hang your air hose reminds me of how I made the mount for my PDA using some nails that came in the Craftsman Kit I got a couple years ago. I'll post pictures if anyone wants.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hows that harbor freight air compressor treating you?
Its been working great except that the original quick connect fitting broke internally so when i replaced it i also removed the factory regulator so everything is now regulated at the end of the run.

I figured by removing the regulator at the tank i would have less restriction of the air flow.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still have the relief valve at the compressor?
Yes the relief valve and the pressure switch are still there just the output regulator and gauge have been removed.

You may be fine, but something concerns me about have still tank pressure at the house, and full tank volume... If you have a rupture, the whole tank will dump at once.
Im not sure i know what you mean.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Im not sure i know what you mean.
I guess that tank probably tops out at 125 PSI - not one of the big 165 or 200 pound tanks. I was saying that if you have the large opening (no regulator), and you have a problem with the soft line, you could have a rupture with the soft line and have 200 PSI of air pressure flying around the end of that hose - that will fling that hose around wild and hit you or damage other things...

But, since the regulated pressure and the tank pressure just aren't that far apart, you're not really risking that much more.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I was finally able to get my workbench built yesterday and im quite happy with the way it came out for only a couple hours work and beer drinking lol.

Also bought a new bench 6 inch vise and added a slave tank to my compressor for more air volume.

The little 5 gallon tank is only temporary until i find a 20-30 gallon.

Now i have to reorganize everything in there which will probably take longer then it did to build the bench lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts