DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
I like the sheet metal idea.

I did a head gasket on a friend's Accord this summer, he did the unbolting while I directed 'what' to take off next. I go back inside to watch my girls and he said he's done, head is off.

Go out out to take a look, freak'n head sitting on my wooden work bench, dripping oil. Heads bolts laided up there, dripping oil. Worst off, the slack ass used my shop vac to remove the oil by the head bolts... look over at the shop vac and the hose has oil dripping out onto the floor.

I was real mad,,, the only words that kept coming out were: Dude - respect the garage... Dude - respect the garage... Dude - respect the garage... Sorry about the rant.

again, nice set up.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

I did a head gasket on a friend's Accord this summer, he did the unbolting while I directed 'what' to take off next. I go back inside to watch my girls and he said he's done, head is off.

Go out out to take a look, freak'n head sitting on my wooden work bench, dripping oil. Heads bolts laided up there, dripping oil. Worst off, the slack ass used my shop vac to remove the oil by the head bolts... look over at the shop vac and the hose has oil dripping out onto the floor.

I was real mad,,, the only words that kept coming out were: Dude - respect the garage... Dude - respect the garage... Dude - respect the garage... Sorry about the rant.

again, nice set up.
Oh, I DO know this type and, hopefully he has never "Helped" you again!

Despite having waaay more tools than I really need. I am sort of like a shop store with a rep that if I don't have the tool, it probably doesn't exist. I know who to lend tools to and they pretty much all know how I expect to see them returned.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

again, nice set up.
Having a easily replaceable work surface is a must for me due to the fact that im pretty heavy handed at times when im working on stubborn or messy projects.

Once i get a lag bolt long enough to mount through the metal then i can ground my mig welder to the bolt so then the metal parts to be welded don't have to be clamped to the welder ground.

Very nice use of space. Can get quite a lot done in there!
Yeah its not very large but what i lack in size i make up for with stamina lol.

Oh, I DO know this type and, hopefully he has never "Helped" you again!

Despite having waaay more tools than I really need. I am sort of like a shop store with a rep that if I don't have the tool, it probably doesn't exist. I know who to lend tools to and they pretty much all know how I expect to see them returned.
My tools are like my kids you screw with them you'll think ah ton ah brick had fell on ya!!

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So i had this old rusty metal shelf leg that i never threw away and was about to do so but when i was looking at it was like what could i make out of this?

After i sandblasted it clean and cut a few notches this is what it became.

Its not a breakthrough i tool technology but its very functional and all it cost was 30 cents in sand and $10 in electricity lol.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts